Source Printing Utility
Author Message
 Source Printing Utility

What do you use to print out your source code?  We are looking for a product
that will print our our REXX source with keywords highlighted and, ideally,
generate an identifier crossref list.  We tried a windows program called
SourcePrint+, but it doesn't highlight the keywords for us and won't print
compressed to a HP LaserJet.

We would be happy to set up a file with the REXX keywords for it to print,
but it needs to be configurable enough to do that.  Suggestions for any
DOS/Windows/OS2 platform would be great.  Thanks in advance for any
suggestions you have.

--
----
/* Andrew */

Wed, 28 May 1997 03:58:36 GMT
 Source Printing Utility
: What do you use to print out your source code?  We are looking for a product
: that will print our our REXX source with keywords highlighted and, ideally,
: generate an identifier crossref list.  We tried a windows program called
: SourcePrint+, but it doesn't highlight the keywords for us and won't print
: compressed to a HP LaserJet.

: We would be happy to set up a file with the REXX keywords for it to print,
: but it needs to be configurable enough to do that.  Suggestions for any
: DOS/Windows/OS2 platform would be great.  Thanks in advance for any
: suggestions you have.

: --
: ----
: /* Andrew */

The latest DevCon CD has Cpost which you may be able to adapt if the
C syntax does not get in the way.

Ken Walter

Wed, 28 May 1997 06:08:49 GMT
 Source Printing Utility

Quote:

>What do you use to print out your source code?  We are looking for a product
>that will print our our REXX source with keywords highlighted and, ideally,
>generate an identifier crossref list.  We tried a windows program called
>SourcePrint+, but it doesn't highlight the keywords for us and won't print
>compressed to a HP LaserJet.

I don't use any such utility, but one would be easy to write using a
LEX-like utility of some kind.  I think there's a freeware package
called flex on ftp.cdrom.com that will work.

Anyway, you just write your script with something like:

"[cC][aA][lL][lL]"    { printf ("%s%s%s", (string to activate bold),
                                  yytext, (string to deactivate bold)); }

Lex scripts are full of lines like this.  It's a series of expression-
code pairs.  First is a regular expression for your keyword(s), and
then follows the code that is run when the keyword is encountered.
The line above will look for the keyword "call" with any mix of case,
and will output your "begin bold" string, followed by the keyword,
followed by your "end bold" string.

There is a bit more than just lines like this in your script, but it's
not too hard to figure out.

Anyway, when you get the script defined, you run lex on it, and a C
program is produced that will do your parsing.  You can either run it
as is (linking with the lex lib) or link it in to your own program if
you want to integrate the parser into something else.

For more info, check out the docs that come with whatever lex package
you end up using.

---------------------+--------------------------------------------------------
David Charlap        | The contents of this message are not the opinions of

Visix Software, Inc. +--------------------------------------------------------
Member of Team-OS/2  |
---------------------+

Sat, 31 May 1997 08:27:41 GMT
 Source Printing Utility

Quote:

>: What do you use to print out your source code?  We are looking for a product
>: that will print our our REXX source with keywords highlighted and, ideally,
>: generate an identifier crossref list.

>The latest DevCon CD has Cpost which you may be able to adapt if the
>C syntax does not get in the way.

cPost is by design a C printing utility only, and generates postscript.
I would be (pleasantly) suprised if it was useful on REXX code.

Patrick Mueller  | IBM Software Solutions, Cary NC; 919-469-7242, tie 883

Sat, 31 May 1997 15:26:22 GMT

1. Source code utility

2. New FTP Archive for Source Code and Programming Utilities

3. Dylan source code to Creatures 3 utilities available

4. Programming Utilities, Source, and Documentation

5. Programming Utilities, Source, and Documentation

6. Programming Utilities, Source, and Documentation

7. Programming Utilities, Source, and Documentation

8. Programming Utilities, Source, and Documentation

9. 16-bit REXX development utilities and source code

10. 16-bit REXX development utilities and source code

11. 16-bit REXX development utilities and source code

12. 16-bit REXX development utilities and source code