events in VX-REXX
Author Message
 events in VX-REXX

EMSI_REQ, All!

  I'm starting with programming in REXX. So I need to get answers for some
basical questions. I hope somebody can help me...
  Is it possible in Visual REXX to define my own events or messages and send
them to some objects? I mean the mechanism like the one is working in Borland
Pascal etc.

 Sergey A. Masliakoff           [Evolver aka Doctor Byte]

--- an accident in paradise ---

--- ResEdit 2.1.1
 * Origin:  (2:5030/211.9)

Sat, 28 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 events in VX-REXX

    Is it possible in Visual REXX to define my own events or messages
  and send
  them to some objects? I mean the mechanism like the one is working
  in Borland
  Pascal etc.

Yes not a problem. Basically you can add extra events to VX?objects by
assigning the event variable to a calling string. For example, if you
wish to add a UPDATE?event to a button. You can assing the routine to
call by with the following code:

ok = VRSet( "Button", "Update", "Call button_update")

To then post this event you can use the postqueue methods to post an
UPDATE?event to the object. It is also possoble to capture the passing
of system events such as mouse move and trigger code when they occur.
However you need to know the hexidecimal code for the event you wish to
monitor.

Regards,
Derek.

Sat, 04 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 events in VX-REXX

How can I get the VX-Rexx or Visual Rexx to use it on Windows 95 ?
Thanks,
CL

Tue, 07 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 events in VX-REXX

Quote:
>Thema:      Re: events in VX-REXX

>Datum:      21 Mar 1997 05:49:09 GMT

>How can I get the VX-Rexx or Visual Rexx to use it on Windows 95 ?
>Thanks,
>CL

You can't and it is a dead product, sigh !

Wed, 08 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Q: How to program with the Guard Event with VX-REXX?

2. VX-REXX spinning on event?

3. VX-REXX problem (change event on an MLE)

4. VX-REXX MLE change event timing problem

5. VX-REXX: LostFocus Event clarification?

6. VX-REXX Window Move event

7. Vispro Rexx vs VX - Rexx

8. VX-REXX/REXX dialog trouble in OS/2 w/ FP17

9. VisPro/Rexx vs VX-REXX

10. VX-REXX to any REXX on NT

11. VisPro Rexx or VX-Rexx ?

12. Object REXX/VX-REXX DB problems