VX-REXX vs. Object Rexx
Author Message
 VX-REXX vs. Object Rexx

Could someone tell me the difference between the two?  I know the Object
REXX is supposed to be cross platform development.  But how will Object
REXX be superior, if it is?  VX-REXX works with objects, and now IBM wants to
try and enter the game with a Visual Basic killer?  Is that the difference?

Sign,
Dazed & Confused

Know of any employers seeking a hard working computer programmer, technician,
operator?  Please point them to my WWW home page!
REV. 20 Mar 95--->   ftp://ftp.crl.com/users/ky/kylemill/kylemill.html   <---

Thu, 18 Sep 1997 04:00:00 GMT
 VX-REXX vs. Object Rexx

Quote:
>Could someone tell me the difference between the two?  I know the Object
>REXX is supposed to be cross platform development.  But how will Object
>REXX be superior, if it is?  VX-REXX works with objects, and now IBM wants to
>try and enter the game with a Visual BASIC killer?  Is that the difference?

Object REXX is not a cross platform development environment, but rather the next
generation of the REXX language.  The object extension in REXX are suitable for
constuction all types of objects, not just graphical ones.  Since the language is an
upward compatible version of the existing REXX language, all of the existing
programs and tools will continue to function just fine...but they now have access
to a much more powerful language.  Since VX-REXX is just a set of development
tools built on top of the OS/2 supplied interpreter, any VX-REXX program will also
benefit from the object extensions.

Thu, 18 Sep 1997 04:00:00 GMT

1. Vispro Rexx vs VX - Rexx

2. VisPro/Rexx vs VX-REXX

3. Vispro Rexx vs VX - Rexx

4. VisPro REXX vs VX-REXX

5. VisPro REXX vs VX-REXX

6. Object REXX/VX-REXX DB problems

7. VX-REXX and Object REXX under OS/2

8. Object REXX & VX-REXX under OS/2

9. VX-REXX and Object-REXX

10. Object REXX and VX-REXX (Some questions)

11. VX-rexx and Object rexx

12. Classic Rexx vs. Object Rexx