Help to get Object Rexx for windoze
Author Message
 Help to get Object Rexx for windoze

As an ex IBMer with 30 years with Big Blue I am hooked on REXX, and obviously
also on OS/2.
Unfortunately I am forced to use Windoze for some of my applications, but I
need to create a few "programs" round them. Using OREXX under OS/2 is no
problem, but the "free" REXX interpreters  are nowhere near in "user
friendliness"  I am accustomised with.,
GOOGLE searches lead me to numerous sites where I had to provide "order
numbers" and "e-mail addreses" which, no matter what I entered, were
rejected.
Is there someone out there who can point me to the site from where I can
download (or order) the IBM OBJECT REXX for WINDOWS?
Thanks

Thu, 24 Mar 2005 04:08:11 GMT
 Help to get Object Rexx for windoze
http://www-3.ibm.com/software/ad/obj-rexx/
Quote:

> As an ex IBMer with 30 years with Big Blue I am hooked on REXX, and obviously
> also on OS/2.<snip>

Thu, 24 Mar 2005 04:43:48 GMT
 Help to get Object Rexx for windoze
I got it via Amazon.de, after a most helpful set of advice in this
newsgroup. The thread can be found at
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=3...
Quote:

> As an ex IBMer with 30 years with Big Blue I am hooked on REXX, and obviously
> also on OS/2.
> Unfortunately I am forced to use Windoze for some of my applications, but I
> need to create a few "programs" round them. Using OREXX under OS/2 is no
> problem, but the "free" REXX interpreters  are nowhere near in "user
> friendliness"  I am accustomised with.,
> GOOGLE searches lead me to numerous sites where I had to provide "order
> numbers" and "e-mail addreses" which, no matter what I entered, were
> rejected.
> Is there someone out there who can point me to the site from where I can
> download (or order) the IBM OBJECT REXX for WINDOWS?
> Thanks

Thu, 24 Mar 2005 16:38:56 GMT
 Help to get Object Rexx for windoze
Reginald is a freeware version of REXX for Windows, although no OO,
consider $0 vs $270 :)
Its IDE and GUI is good enough for rapid developing small programs:
http://www.borg.com/~jglatt/rexx/rexxuser.htm
Quote:

> http://www-3.ibm.com/software/ad/obj-rexx/

Thu, 24 Mar 2005 19:01:33 GMT
 Help to get Object Rexx for windoze
Here is a link to the order site for Object Rexx

http://www-132.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?lang...
catalogId=-840&categoryId=2081161&cgmenbr=1&dualCurrId=73&langId=-1&cgrfnbr=
2081161&y=13&x=10&cntrfnbr=1&storeId=1&cntry=840&scrfnbr=73

--
Ray

Quote:
> As an ex IBMer with 30 years with Big Blue I am hooked on REXX, and
obviously
> also on OS/2.
> Unfortunately I am forced to use Windoze for some of my applications, but
> need to create a few "programs" round them. Using OREXX under OS/2 is no
> problem, but the "free" REXX interpreters  are nowhere near in "user
> friendliness"  I am accustomised with.,
> GOOGLE searches lead me to numerous sites where I had to provide "order
> numbers" and "e-mail addreses" which, no matter what I entered, were
> rejected.
> Is there someone out there who can point me to the site from where I can
> download (or order) the IBM OBJECT REXX for WINDOWS?
> Thanks

Fri, 25 Mar 2005 22:29:26 GMT
 Help to get Object Rexx for windoze
Chris,

I use Object REXX for Windows (on NT and XP).  I discovered REXX while at
Cray Research in the 1980s and continued with it while at IBM on the OS/2
development team.

http://www2.hursley.ibm.com/rexx/  is a good place to start.  Mike

Asfor the product itself,
http://www-3.ibm.com/software/ad/obj-rexx/?c=0035016165&n=befree_affi...
=aff

BTW, Mike on his page discusses different REXX version for Windows.  I
choose Object Rexx from IBM.  I think it is worth the price.

Bertram Moshier

http://www.bmoshier.net/bertram

Sr. Oracle DBA - Certified Oracle Professional (8i DBA)

Looking for a DBA or ERP/Applications DBA contract.  Know of one, tell me!

Quote:
> As an ex IBMer with 30 years with Big Blue I am hooked on REXX, and
obviously
> also on OS/2.
> Unfortunately I am forced to use Windoze for some of my applications, but
> need to create a few "programs" round them. Using OREXX under OS/2 is no
> problem, but the "free" REXX interpreters  are nowhere near in "user
> friendliness"  I am accustomised with.,
> GOOGLE searches lead me to numerous sites where I had to provide "order
> numbers" and "e-mail addreses" which, no matter what I entered, were
> rejected.
> Is there someone out there who can point me to the site from where I can
> download (or order) the IBM OBJECT REXX for WINDOWS?
> Thanks

Sun, 27 Mar 2005 04:15:48 GMT

1. for help about vispro rexx and Object REXX

2. column names getting garbled in Vx-Rexx C/S database object

3. OS/2: Getting object settings in REXX

4. Getting to topics in a Windoze .HLP file

5. Rexx GUI interface for Windoze?

6. Windoze terminal program with Rexx macros.

7. Object Rexx OODIALOG - Need Help

8. Help - Creating Object Settings in VX-REXX?

9. Help closing an object via REXX

10. Object REXX/NT ~linein help

11. Help needed for wps in object rexx

12. Help needed on Object REXX