looking for a VXREXX add-on => TICKER
Author Message
 looking for a VXREXX add-on => TICKER

does anybody know how to get a ully functionnal of this add-on.
here is the readme that i got from an old download :

I can't reah them nor find them ...?

TickerTape Object (version 1.0.0) for VX-REXX EVALUATION PACKAGE

Copyright (C)-1995 by DB Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved.

Use this TickerTape object to provide scrolling text messages in real-time! Create
real-time scrolling displays for:

+ Stock quotes
+ News feeds
+ Weather reports
+ System notification alerts and updates

and other similar usage.

You specify:

+ The ticker display text as a string (NOT IN THIS DEMO!)
+ Font
+ Foreground and background colors.
+ Ticker feed rate.

This package consists of a LIMITED DEMO edition of the TickerTape Object for VX-REXX.
The package is only to be used as an evaluation demo. As such it may be freely copied
and distributed. It is not to be reverse engineered or used in any commercial package.

This LIMITED DEMO edition of the TickerTape Object for VX-REXX "Standard Edition" is
not a full function demo object. The most obvious limitation is that you are not allowed
to modify the TickerInfo string property! The string scrolled is not modifiable in this
demo.

This object is commercially available in two editions:
+ Standard Edition
+ Professional Edition

The Standard Edition package is similar to this demo. It does contain a modifiable TickerInfo
property (allowing you to modify the text of the ticker message).

The Professional Edition package provides support for distributed information sources. It is
compatible with the IBM LAKES API for collaborative computing, support for real-time information
source streams and distribution "broadcasting" over various mediums (LAN, RS-232, ISDN, etc).

For information concerning price and availability (and other info) contact:

DB Technologies, Inc.
2420 Briar Oak Circle
Sarasota, Florida 34232-6100
Sales: 1-800-830-8703
       941-379-8766

Technical: 941-378-3760
Fax: 941-377-7392
CompuServe: 72123,3661

Tue, 31 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 looking for a VXREXX add-on => TICKER

Quote:
00:48:03 GMT writes:

:>
[...]

I bought the Vx-Calendar from DB Technologies months ago. This company
disappeared but I have found Douglas Bebber again
with the VX-Call at this address : http://www.virtualbase.com/vxr5.html.
Sending an a mail there you will perhaps be able to
get the ticker (two versions existed some times ago) go luck

Jacques Pignat

Tue, 31 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 looking for a VXREXX add-on => TICKER

Ciao!

Quote:

> does anybody know how to get a ully functionnal of this add-on.
> here is the readme that i got from an old download :

> I can't reah them nor find them ...?

> TickerTape Object (version 1.0.0) for VX-REXX EVALUATION PACKAGE

> Copyright (C)-1995 by DB Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved.

> Use this TickerTape object to provide scrolling text messages in real-time! Create
> real-time scrolling displays for:

> + Stock quotes
> + News feeds
> + Weather reports
> + System notification alerts and updates

> and other similar usage.

> You specify:

> + The ticker display text as a string (NOT IN THIS DEMO!)
> + Font
> + Foreground and background colors.
> + Ticker feed rate.

Did you consider NetRexx?

There is a *plethora* of *freeware* ticker GUI classes on
www.gamelan.com that will work with Java (hence with NetRexx).

Of course if your VX-app is already coded and finished,
it may not have sense to port it to NetRexx, but if you plan
to significantly (?) enhance it (or in general for future
applications), you could have a look to NetRexx.

--
Max Marsiglietti,
PC-Magazine Italy,

Sat, 04 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Start a VXRexx program from a VXRexx Program

2. HELP>>>>>>>Fortran-Pascal Linking

3. >>>>>>>FROM SMTK TO C++

4. Collection>>flatten - looking for a better name

5. Q: Cincom stock ticker?

6. TopSpeed Ticker Symbol?

7. how to realize a ticker?

8. second ticker