Calling External DLL Functions
Author Message
 Calling External DLL Functions

I have a windows .DLL file containing functions that I wish to call from
my OORexx program. I have problems calling these functions.
I have tried to register these functions using RxFuncAdd and also
RxRegisterFunctionDLL but with no luck.
I am sure that the DLL is in the correct directory, and the function
name exists inside the .DLL file, but it can't seem to find it.

Apart from registering in my Rexx code these external functions, do I
need to do anything else ?

I have read in the Rexx help that 'External functions in a DLL must be
exported. You do this by specifying a .DEF file that lists the functions
names' ? Is this necessary, and if so how do I do it ?

Thanks in advance,
Martin Rooney.

Mon, 13 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Calling External DLL Functions
Well, since no one else answered, I will try to assist. I have done this
under OS/2, but not Windows. Under OS/2, a c language program had to include
rexsaa.h and define INCL_REXSAA. It also required a specific signature for
the function within the dll and a pointer to an RXSTRING struct that is used
to pass the paramaters back and forth. The export is done in the def file,
ie:
LIBRARY EAREXX INITINSTANCE TERMINSTANCE
DATA MULTIPLE NONSHARED
EXPORTS
 SysCountEAs
my dll was named earexx.dll and this particular function was syscounteas. It
was all done about a 100 years ago... I could email you an example, but it
is for OS/2 and I am unsure of the relevance.

If the process is not similiar for Windows version of OORexx, sorry I wasted
the bandwidth.

Lou Yovin

Quote:

> Apart from registering in my Rexx code these external functions, do I
> need to do anything else ?

> I have read in the Rexx help that 'External functions in a DLL must be
> exported. You do this by specifying a .DEF file that lists the functions
> names' ? Is this necessary, and if so how do I do it ?

> Thanks in advance,
> Martin Rooney.

Sun, 19 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Calling an non-DLL external function

2. function calls to external dll in 'routine's

3. ACCEPT LOOP / EXTERNAL DLL / FUNCTION CALL / GPF

4. Using external DLL functions in a method

5. external rexx function dll with cygwin gcc ?

6. Rexx external function DLLs

7. OS/2, external functions in RxFtp.dll???

8. Creating external function with C DLL

9. VA 3.0 External C function and Crystal Report CRPE32.DLL

10. External calls without DLL/C

11. Calling External DLL's from CW2.003

12. Problem calling external code (DLL)....?