Sorting in PC-DOS 7.0 REXX?
Author Message
 Sorting in PC-DOS 7.0 REXX?

Anybody know where to look for some functions to do this, instead of
writing new ones?

Rgds
IM

Wed, 04 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Sorting in PC-DOS 7.0 REXX?

01:09:51 -0800 ***

  |Anybody know where to look for some functions to do this, instead
of
  |writing new ones?
  |
  |Rgds
  |IM

Here's a simple sort I use that I got from this newgroup a while ago.
In this example, your records would be stored in the stem variable
rec.  I'm trying to find a DOS sort program that would be a little
more powerful than this one.  I've run into memory limitations with
large sorts.  Other than that, it works just fine.

Sort:
   Do i = rec.0 To 1 By -1 Until flip_flop = 1
     flip_flop = 1
     Do j = 2 To i
       m = j - 1
       If rec.m > rec.j Then Do
         xchg   = rec.m
         rec.m = rec.j
         rec.j = xchg
         flip_flop = 0
       End
     End
   End
Return

Thu, 05 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Sorting in PC-DOS 7.0 REXX?

Quote:

> 01:09:51 -0800 ***

>   Anybody know where to look for some functions to do this, instead
> of writing new ones?

> Here's a simple sort I use that I got from this newgroup a while ago.
> In this example, your records would be stored in the stem variable
> rec.  I'm trying to find a DOS sort program that would be a little
> more powerful than this one.  I've run into memory limitations with
> large sorts.  Other than that, it works just fine.

[snip]

Tks very much. I knew that one, and storage limitations are also my problem. Right now I
am using a Pascalprogam via DOS, but it does not look nice. Guess I will have to learn
how to do a DLL one day ..

IM

Sat, 07 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help with ASM function in IBM PC-DOS 7.0 REXX

2. PC-DOS 7.0 Built in REXX

3. PC-DOS 7.0 and Rexx!

4. PC-DOS 7.0 and Rexx!

5. Rexx in PC-Dos 7.0

6. Help with ASM function in IBM PC-DOS 7.0 REXX

7. PC DOS 7.0 and Summer 87

8. REXX for DOS (without PC-DOS 7)?

9. REXX External Function for DOS 7.0

10. REXX for IBM PC-DOS v7.0

11. PC DOS REXX -- ARG command broken by KEDIT!

12. PC DOS REXX -- ARG command broken?