Capturing Trace output ( OS/2 REXX )
Author Message
 Capturing Trace output ( OS/2 REXX )

Is there a way to have the trace results ( TRACE R ) sent to a file instead
of the screen? I'd like be able to always have some data sent to the
screen ( or whereve the user redirect the output ) and have the trace data
written to a file. Is something like this possible? Thanks.

73's  de  Jack   -  kf5mg

+     I am Homer of Borg.... prepare to be assim... oooo... Donuts...     +

Sat, 16 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Capturing Trace output ( OS/2 REXX )
The trace output comes out on stderr. So just do a

    test >lst 2>trc

and the regular output (Say's) will be in lst and the trace output will
be in err.
john alvord

: Is there a way to have the trace results ( TRACE R ) sent to a file instead
: of the screen? I'd like be able to always have some data sent to the
: screen ( or whereve the user redirect the output ) and have the trace data
: written to a file. Is something like this possible? Thanks.
:
: 73's  de  Jack   -  kf5mg

: +=========================================================================+
: +     I am Homer of Borg.... prepare to be assim... oooo... Donuts...     +
: +=========================================================================+
:

Mon, 18 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Capturing Trace output ( OS/2 REXX )

Quote:

>Is there a way to have the trace results ( TRACE R ) sent to a file instead
>of the screen?

OS/2 allows explicit control over redirection of stdout and stderr.
Instead of using the usual ">file" to redirect just the stdout, you can
specify "1>file" (stdout again) or "2>file" for stderr.

 Peter HANSEN                                     Engenuity Corporation

 http://www.sentex.net/~engcorp/peter/

Tue, 19 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Trace-file output Rexx / OS/2

2. capturing output of os.system() into a list?

3. capturing output from os.system() in Windows?

4. How to capture output of os.spawnv()?

5. capture off std.out? (OS/2 Rexx)

6. HOW TO CAPTURE AN OUTPUT LINE OF A VHDL OUTPUT IN TCL

7. Controlling printer output via OS/2 Rexx

8. piping input and output with OS/2 REXX

9. LesTecIO Rexx Input/Output library for OS/2 and Windows

10. ??? Redirecting output to an MLE (VX-REXX or VisPro REXX)

11. Redirecting Trace and Error output

12. How do I execute a shell command and capture the standard output