lex/yacc grammar for REXX
Author Message
 lex/yacc grammar for REXX

Can anyone tell me where to find a lex/yacc grammar for REXX, if
such a thing is available for download?  TIA.
--
John Brock

Tue, 15 Feb 2005 10:23:45 GMT
 lex/yacc grammar for REXX
: Can anyone tell me where to find a lex/yacc grammar for REXX, if
: such a thing is available for download?  TIA.

Regina uses lex/yacc grammer (see lexscr.l and yaccsrc.y in the source
distribution), but it does not define the complete grammer in lex/yacc;
some of the Rexx syntax is embedded in the C code.

Cheers, Mark

* Author of THE; a Free XEDIT/KEDIT editor, Rexx/SQL, Rexx/Curses, Rexx/Wrapper
* Maintainer of PDCurses: Public Domain Curses and, Regina Rexx interpreter
* Use Rexx? join the Rexx Language Association: http://www.rexxla.org

Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:23:15 GMT
 lex/yacc grammar for REXX

Quote:

>: Can anyone tell me where to find a lex/yacc grammar for REXX, if
>: such a thing is available for download?  TIA.
>Regina uses lex/yacc grammer (see lexscr.l and yaccsrc.y in the source
>distribution), but it does not define the complete grammer in lex/yacc;
>some of the Rexx syntax is embedded in the C code.

Is this just for convenience, or is REXX grammar not LALR(1)?
--
John Brock

Wed, 16 Feb 2005 01:43:59 GMT
 lex/yacc grammar for REXX

:>: Can anyone tell me where to find a lex/yacc grammar for REXX, if
:>: such a thing is available for download?  TIA.

:>Regina uses lex/yacc grammer (see lexscr.l and yaccsrc.y in the source
:>distribution), but it does not define the complete grammer in lex/yacc;
:>some of the Rexx syntax is embedded in the C code.

: Is this just for convenience, or is REXX grammar not LALR(1)?

No, the grammer is processed by flex and bison, which I believe are LALR.
Rexx is a very difficult language to completely define in grammer, mainly due
to its lack of reserved words.
BTW I am in no way an expert in lex/yacc grammers, so I could be talking
through my hat ;-)

Cheers, Mark

* Author of THE; a Free XEDIT/KEDIT editor, Rexx/SQL, Rexx/Curses, Rexx/Wrapper
* Maintainer of PDCurses: Public Domain Curses and, Regina Rexx interpreter
* Use Rexx? join the Rexx Language Association: http://www.rexxla.org

Wed, 16 Feb 2005 15:57:02 GMT

1. lex/yacc grammar available?

2. (YACC&LEX) PL/I Grammar

3. (YACC&LEX) PL/1 Grammar

4. lex/yacc grammar for vrml2.0

5. Verilog lex/yacc grammar

6. Grammar Yacc/Lex for ADA95

7. lex and yacc grammar for VHDL '93 ???

8. Free unbugged lex/yacc based grammar for VHDL

9. lex/yacc grammar update

10. Ada grammar for yacc/lex

11. Yacc/lex grammar for Ada

12. : COBOL Yacc/Lex or BNF grammar?