Vispro Rexx vs VX - Rexx
Author Message
 Vispro Rexx vs VX - Rexx

Quote:

>Hi,

Say,

Quote:
>I'm looking for a rexx compiler and would like comparisons
>of Vispro Rexx vs VX - Rexx. I have no experience with either
>of them so can anyone give me an advise on which one to buy
>based on the following requirements :

I have HOCKWARE's VisproRexx Bronze.

Quote:
>- Need standalone royaltee free executables of my existing
 cgi-scripts
>- These scripts make use of the DB2 rexx interface and have to work
>- after compilation.

VPR will work with any third party function library.

Quote:
>- The scripts call other scripts and this should still work after
>compilation.

They will.

Quote:
>Actually i need a compiler that will compile any existing rexx
 scripts
>without me having to change the code.

You have the option to build a self contained app (no additional vpr
runtime needed) or a small version that requires the runtime files.
 You
can compile your scripts in a standard mode that can be read with a
simple text editior or encrypt it or even compile it into
 pre-tokenized
code...

Quote:
>Nice features would be :

>- Visual programing environement a la Visual Age

Not quite that nice. But the drag-and-drop programming is terrific!

Quote:
>- Good libraries for socket, namedpipe, ipc

It's all available "third party!"

Quote:
>- Small en fast executables 8).

Well, eventhough the scripts are compiled, it's STILL run like a rexx
script. That is, through an interpreter...

Quote:

>Any advice would be greately appreciated, please send cc to email
>address aswell.

My advice is...  If it's visual and rexx, you HAVE to go VisproRexx.
But don't bother buying the Bronze version, you'll soon outgrow it
 and
desire the extra features of the Gold version. Go GOLD.

--

/-------------------------------------\

\-------------------------------------/

Sun, 09 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Vispro Rexx vs VX - Rexx

VX-Rexx had about about same functionality as VisPro, but since Watcom
got bought out they have ceased development......go with VisPro now.

I used VX-RExx a lot and liked it pretty well, but the above is
overriding in my opinion for new purchase.....

Duane Bozarth

Sun, 09 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VisPro/Rexx vs VX-REXX

2. Vispro Rexx vs VX - Rexx

3. VisPro REXX vs VX-REXX

4. VisPro REXX vs VX-REXX

5. VisPro Rexx or VX-Rexx ?

6. VX-REXX C/S 2.1b Much Slower Than VISPRO-REXX

7. ??? Redirecting output to an MLE (VX-REXX or VisPro REXX)

8. Vispro vs. VX-Rexx

9. Vispro Rexx vs. VX Re

10. VX-REXX vs. Object Rexx

11. for help about vispro rexx and Object REXX

12. REXX Compiler for VisPro/REXX