batching mail sends using rexx?
Author Message
 batching mail sends using rexx?

have a friend with no programming ability asked me if it was possible
to send internetwork mail using a mailing list from a program (produces a file with

addressee.

ultimail can do this stuff interactively, but they want to automate the process for
adding and deleteing new people to the newsletter distribution easily. apparently
the program also has some sort of preferences in it with respect to subject matter.

i was able to create a program that would get input from a file ok, but i don't see
how i can hook into the mailer to send the mail.. if it was a vax, i know the mail

to duplicate that function in OS/2...

ideas, pointers, etc. welcomed..

Bill Newkirk WB9IVR                  The Space Coast Amateur Technical Group
Melbourne, FL                       duty now for the future of amateur radio
Lombardi's 1st Law of Business:
Companies succeed in spite of their best effort.  If they succeed at all.

Thu, 11 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 batching mail sends using rexx?

Quote:
>i was able to create a program that would get input from a file ok, but i don't see
>how i can hook into the mailer to send the mail.. if it was a vax, i know the mail

>to duplicate that function in OS/2...

If you mail using SMTP you can use sendmail, for POP3 use the shareware
utility LAMPOP with the send option instead. Drop me a mail if you need
some sample code (it's just a few lines).

Klaus Johannes Rusch        IBM Austria
TeamOS/2                    AD/M Customer Projects

Sun, 14 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. send mail using SMTP Send Message when mail server is unknown

2. Sending an E-Mail from REXX ???

3. HOW TO send E-Mail with Rexx

4. How to send E-Mail From REXX?

5. How to Send an E-Mail from REXX?

6. sending mail from rexx NT?

7. Sending e-mail using MAPI

8. Help automatic sending DBF updates using MS-MAIL !!

9. Sending Mail from MF/NetExpress Object COBOL using MAPI services

10. how to send mail with python using SMTP ?

11. using tcl to send mail with multiple attachments

12. NEWBIE: sending e-mail using TCL