A Compiler for REXX ?
Author Message
 A Compiler for REXX ?

Using the REXX interpreter delivered with NT 4.0 Resource Kit, I wrote some
simple REXX programs to be used only in the command prompt session (a Dos
emulator).

I need to put the final code on a diskette (it is a network boot diskette
!) and to make it work I also need to include the interpreter REXX.EXE. The
overall space, together with other files, exceeds the diskette capacity. I
therefore look for a free  compiler on the Web to make one EXE file without
having to copy the REXX interpreter.

Does anyone of you have an idea how I can find a compiler ?

Kien M. Truong

Phone           : (41)-(21)-618.75.54
Fax             : (41)-(21)-618.21.67
Compuserve      : 100442,3125

Mail Address    : Brillancout 4 - Case postale 1158
                  1001 Lausanne - Switzerland

Sat, 14 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 A Compiler for REXX ?

Quote:

> Using the REXX interpreter delivered with NT 4.0 Resource Kit, I wrote some
> simple REXX programs to be used only in the command prompt session (a Dos
> emulator).

> I need to put the final code on a diskette (it is a network boot diskette
> !) and to make it work I also need to include the interpreter REXX.EXE. The
> overall space, together with other files, exceeds the diskette capacity. I
> therefore look for a free  compiler on the Web to make one EXE file without
> having to copy the REXX interpreter.

> Does anyone of you have an idea how I can find a compiler ?

> Kien M. Truong

> Phone           : (41)-(21)-618.75.54
> Fax             : (41)-(21)-618.21.67
> Compuserve      : 100442,3125

> Mail Address    : Brillancout 4 - Case postale 1158
>                   1001 Lausanne - Switzerland

It is not a compiler, but you can download W32REXX.ZIP from
www.shareware.com. The command interpreter is about 430K. Should be able
to fit that and some EXEC's on a bootable floppy...Good luck.

"We had a guy who loved to name his programs GOD just so he could read
the message from the linkage editor:

           GOD DOES NOT EXIST BUT HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE DATASET"

url    : http://www.epix.net/~prgsdw

Thu, 19 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. OS/2 compiler for REXX

2. Is there a compiler for REXX?

3. REXX Compiler for VisPro/REXX

4. REXX in WINDOWS/REXX Add-ins/VISUAL REXX ????

5. Wonders of IBM's REXX compiler

6. REXX compiler or syntax checker for IBM PC??

7. OS2 REXX Compiler

8. REXX 'compiler'

9. Rexx "compiler" for windows

10. Will there be an OO-Rexx compiler?

11. What happened to the Rexx compilers?

12. Fwd: Re: REXX Compilers for OS/2