Using NWCALLS.DLL in REXX to manipulate Novell Bindary...
Author Message
 Using NWCALLS.DLL in REXX to manipulate Novell Bindary...

Has anyone tried to load any of the Netware Requester DLLs into REXX and
make direct calls to Netware?  Does a DLL have to be "REXX aware" to do
such a thing?  I am wanting to create user's and manipulate their logins
on a Netware server - any ideas, experiences REXX sources or OS/2
utilities would be much appreciated.
--
                                                         __
  Darwin Sanoy                                          / / __

                                                    /___/

Tue, 15 Jul 1997 01:53:38 GMT
 Using NWCALLS.DLL in REXX to manipulate Novell Bindary...

Quote:
>Has anyone tried to load any of the Netware Requester DLLs into REXX and
>make direct calls to Netware?  Does a DLL have to be "REXX aware" to do
>such a thing?  I am wanting to create user's and manipulate their logins
>on a Netware server - any ideas, experiences REXX sources or OS/2
>utilities would be much appreciated.

I seriously doubt it would work, unless you knew the exported module
names (which isn't that hard to get) *and* the parameters/formats for
each of the modules.  Then you could use some functions from Dave
Boll's excellent YDBAUtil (RXU17.ZIP) to manually find the
entry-point of the routine in the DLL, format your parameters to look
like 'C' structures (again, *manually*), and then call the routine
using another function from YDBAUtil.  Good luck. ;>

Or, you could get the REXX for NetWare from the IBM AISPO catalog -
I'm sure someone here will tell you how to get it.  If not, I'll
bring in my AISPO catalog tomorrow and let you know the product
number, etc., etc.

Quote:
>  Darwin Sanoy                                          / / __
>  ______________________________________________  /___/ / / /___/

---
/============\   Jason Tiller  /======================================\
| Welcome to |                 | Voyager 2 emits less power than your |
| -> JPL <-/=======================\refrigerator light bulb - yet we  |
\==========|  Do *you* know where  |track it 6.4 *billion* km away!   |
   The     |  your spacecraft is?  |==================================/

Tue, 15 Jul 1997 06:59:03 GMT

1. Novell NwCalls

2. using rexx to manipulate other panels

3. NWCALLS.DLL

4. Creating REXX DLLs using Watcom C++

5. How do you access DLL functions using Regina REXX under Windows NT

6. Using Watcom to write a REXX DLL

7. Manipulating OS/2 Desktop Objects through REXX

8. REXX functions to manipulate HTTP?

9. Manipulating WPS context menus via Rexx?

10. calling Non-Rexx DLLs from REXX with RXU

11. OS/2 Object REXX (ORX) - how to get DLL to update REXX variable

12. SYS3175: REXX.DLL error w/ VX-REXX app