lower case External command problem from REXX-NetView/390
Author Message
 lower case External command problem from REXX-NetView/390

Quote:

>Hello everybody...
>I have a problem with external commands executed
>from REXX for
>Netview/390. My problem is that there are always a
>translation to upper
>case but I need that the command will be in lower
>case. Some body knows
>how to address this problem.

>Regards from Spain.

>Daniel Ulfe

I remember reading in the NetView V3.1 manuals that you can prefix
a command with 'netvasis' to prevent uppercase translation.

Hope this helps.

Paul Walukewicz

Tue, 19 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 lower case External command problem from REXX-NetView/390

Quote:

> Hello everybody...
> I have a problem with external commands executed
> from REXX for Netview/390. My problem is that there are always a
> translation to upper case but I need that the command will be in lower
> case. Some body knows how to address this problem.

You posted no code, but one possibility is that the commands in your
program should be literal strings rather than uninitialized symbols. For
example -- I use OS/2 commands because that is what I know, although
OS/2 is not case sensitive :).

/**/
Drop copy dir erase

file1 = 'autoexec.bat'
file2 = 'autoexec.bak'

dir file1        /* executes as DIR autoexec.bat */
"dir" file1      /* executes as dir autoexec.bat */
erase file2      /* executes as ERASE autoexec.bak */
copy file1 file2 /* executes as COPY autoexec.bat autoexec.bak */
"copy" file1 file2 /* executes as copy autoexec.bat autoexec.bak */

Sun, 24 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. lower case External command problem from REXX-NetView/390

2. REXX and 4OS2 problem: lower-case text gets converted to upper-case

3. Passing TSO/REXX commands to Netview

4. Passing TSO/REXX commands to Netview

5. Upper case / Lower case I'm a lost case

6. Translate to LOWER CASE in REXX?

7. Translate to LOWER CASE in REXX?

8. Translate to LOWER CASE in REXX?

9. Lower case (????) MVS-REXX

10. BETA Y2K S/390 CASE Tool Available

11. Convert All UPPER CASE to Upper and Lower case function

12. Lower case to upper case conversion