Detecting OS/2 System Useage
Author Message
 Detecting OS/2 System Useage

I'm trying to make a script that can differentiate when I am using the
computer or not.
Basically I want the script to dial my ISP, retreive my mail and hangup
only when I am not at the system.
The dialing retreiving and{*filter*} up part of the script I can manage,
but I'm stumped as how to differentiate weather or not the machine is
in use or not. When the machine isn't in use, it is in DPMS energy savings
mode (well the monitor is asleep, the CPU, and harddrives are still given
100% of their resources).
Optimally, a program that can detect weather or not the computer is
in DPMS mode and pipe it's output to the RXQUEUE would work nice.

Darryl Teichroeb [TEAM OS/2]

Reply with subject 'send PGPKey' for signature.
Version: 2.6.3i
Charset: noconv

Tue, 24 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. os.popen() vs os.system()

2. Using os.system and os.popen from pythonwin under Windows NT

3. os.system() or os.execv() w/stdout redirect and PID tracking

4. os.system/os.popen ultrasparc

5. Blocking ctrl-c to os.popen() or os.system()

6. Detecting launching under OS 9

7. Detecting Mac OS version [HELP]

8. Detecting 16bit or 32bit OS

9. How to detect the underlying OS?

10. Detect connection to internet in OS/2 REXX

11. Can Rexx (OS/2) detect a

12. Can Rexx (OS/2) detect a shutdown ?