What causes INTERNDLGDATA to be displayed?
Author Message
 What causes INTERNDLGDATA to be displayed?

I have a dialog with a menu.

When I click a menu item, I display a second data entry dialog.

If I run the second dialog on its own, the entry fields show blank, which is
what they're initialised to, and what should happen.

When I initiate the second dialog from the menu item, the entry fields have
numbers starting with INTERNDLGDATA in them.

How do I get my spaces back?

Thanks in advance,
                             Steven.

Wed, 02 Mar 2005 02:44:05 GMT
 What causes INTERNDLGDATA to be displayed?
Steven,

do you pass parameters on the initiation of the dialog from the other
one? Have a look at the syntax diagram for INIT of the UserDialog class;
it's first (optional) parameter is a stem. If you subclass your dialog from
UserDialog and use parameters, you must keep the first paramater for
stem input to the UserDialog class...

Kind regards,
Jan Engehausen, REXX Development, IBM Germany

Fri, 04 Mar 2005 14:46:16 GMT
 What causes INTERNDLGDATA to be displayed?
Hi Jan,
          It sure does help if you read the manual properly.

  I was indeed passing parameters.  Your hint gave me the clue to read the
Init description in "Preparing and Running the Dialog".

  It now reads newdialog = .Dialog2~new(,300,stem.)

::Class Dialog2 subclass UserDialog

::method Init
  use arg Library, Resource, xParms.  /* as per manual page.  */

    Now if you can just tell me how to display a right-click context menu,
I'll be very happy.

Thank you,
                 Steven.

Quote:
> Steven,

> do you pass parameters on the initiation of the dialog from the other
> one? Have a look at the syntax diagram for INIT of the UserDialog class;
> it's first (optional) parameter is a stem. If you subclass your dialog
from
> UserDialog and use parameters, you must keep the first paramater for
> stem input to the UserDialog class...

> Kind regards,
> Jan Engehausen, REXX Development, IBM Germany

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 01:26:34 GMT

1. DISPLAY - Why it caused GPF?

2. Display Statements Cause Program To End

3. How to cause a server-generated error page to display

4. Tk_MeasureChars inconsistency causes text display problems

5. Displaying and Image in a simple report - What am I missing

6. I am not deaf, but am I mute?

7. icons displayed in browses not displaying

8. Display.TransferBlock not supported by display

9. Display RGB pixel data in a display window

10. DISPLAY statement and screen displays

11. changes fixed the Histogram display but spoilt the Geometry display