VXREXX or VisPro Rexx?
Author Message
 VXREXX or VisPro Rexx?

I'm contemplating purchasing either VXREXX or VisPro Rexx.  Anyone have
any ideas which is better (and why)?

Wed, 15 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 VXREXX or VisPro Rexx?
I use VisPro Rexx - mainly for it's DB Designer Tool, and the fact that it works with DB2/2
v. 2.1,
which, I hear, VXRexx does not (yet).

Glenn Williams
Senior Consultant
Advanced Decisions Inc.

Wed, 15 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 VXREXX or VisPro Rexx?

Quote:
>I'm contemplating purchasing either VXREXX or VisPro Rexx.  Anyone have
>any ideas which is better (and why)?

I use VisoPro Rexx Bronze. VisoPro Rexx compiles into nice small exes
where VXRexx requires the VRobj.dll and with code is bigger. I would
recommend VisoPro Rexx gold if you can afford and need the database and
enhancements. Otherwise the Bronze version is fully functional and easy to
use. What both of these really need is a nice package of pre-made widgets
so that coding for even beginning level OS2 users is very simple (much
like the idea behind Visual Basic). In addition, if either VXRexx or
VisoPro Rexx were made available for a number of OSes (say OS2, Win NT and
UNIX) then we would have an easy to use, cross-platform visual development
tool. No matter what Microsoft says, Visual Basic is limited to NT and
Windows on Intel. Thus, it not exactly the language one would like to use
for open computing and portability. Rexx on the other hand exists on most
platforms and OSes. Perhaps someone to begin to exploit this with good
visual tools.

Paul Taube
University of Texas-Pan American

Wed, 15 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 VXREXX or VisPro Rexx?
: I'm contemplating purchasing either VXREXX or VisPro Rexx.  Anyone have
: any ideas which is better (and why)?

Tough choice.  If you plan onusing C/C++ too, I'd go for the Visi suite.
you canuse all the tools in aallthe packages.  The Visi rexx allso
produces (from what I understand) a single file, while the VXREXX uses a
runtime dll (over 900k)  They both are nice. grab the demos of ecah and
play.
--

Dave
                :=--=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-:

   /____|       :=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-
   _____|_____
   \         /
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sat, 18 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. VXREXX vs VISPRO REXX (IMHO)

2. VisPro-ReXX or VXReXX

3. for help about vispro rexx and Object REXX

4. Vispro Rexx vs VX - Rexx

5. VisPro/Rexx vs VX-REXX

6. VisPro Rexx or VX-Rexx ?

7. VX-REXX C/S 2.1b Much Slower Than VISPRO-REXX

8. REXX Compiler for VisPro/REXX

9. Questions: Vispro REXX, REXX and OS/2

10. Object REXX,VisPRO/REXX and Threads

11. Vispro Rexx vs VX - Rexx

12. VisPro REXX vs VX-REXX