OS/2 compiler for REXX
Author Message
 OS/2 compiler for REXX

Is anyone aware of an OS/2 compiler for classic REXX, or of the steps
needed to convert an OS/2 cmd file into an OS/2 exe file?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 28 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 OS/2 compiler for REXX
Quote:
>Is anyone aware of an OS/2 compiler for classic REXX, or of the steps
>needed to convert an OS/2 cmd file into an OS/2 exe file?

RxCLS will do that.  It's shareware (the readme asks for $10),
and ought to be somewhere on hobbes (if you can't find it,
let me know and I'll post it on my webste)

BTW: have you considered the use of macrospace, as a way of
distributing "compiled" rexx programs.

http://www.srehttp.org/

Tue, 30 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 OS/2 compiler for REXX

Quote:

}Is anyone aware of an OS/2 compiler for classic REXX, or of the steps
}needed to convert an OS/2 cmd file into an OS/2 exe file?

There is no OS/2 rexx compiler, you can use my free REXX2EXE program to do what
you probably want, you have to be careful depending on what you want to do, if
you want to tokenize the rexx then you have no garantee that it will run on
another machine (or yours after a fixpack).  My tool gives you the option of
tokenising (not the default).  It can create many types of .EXE depending on
your needs.  It will compress and encrypt (by default).

Bye
Dennis

----------------------------

Melbourne, AUSTRALIA.

http://www.labyrinth.net.au/~dbareis/index.htm

 - Contains heaps of my own FREE software (OS/2, Windows, DOS & Linux):
   * PPWIZARD (HTML/REXX/generic preprocessor - #define, #include, #import, #if)
     Powerful macros, programmable, import SQL, auto tag examples, Text to HTML, template/style sheet design.
     You WILL NOT find an easier to use or more powerful preprocessor than PPWIZARD.
     Tested on OS/2, Windows, DOS & Linux (probably any Unix OK - if not help me make it so).
   * Icon for single OS/2 archive on following boot (also auto archive every 'x' days).
   * REXX "compiler" - Many options, compresses, encrypts (no one can see/modify source).
   * Program manipulation by Window or Switch list title (with wildcards)
   * Prevent a floppy in boot drive stopping boot off hard disk.
   * Heaps more...
 - Some source code and programmers links.  Regina Information (including porting from OS/2)
   * Pure REXX code for CRC16 & CRC32 routines.
 - Heaps of COMMENTED OS/2, HTML, Java and other links
----------------------------

Wed, 01 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Fwd: Re: REXX Compilers for OS/2

2. REXX Compilers for OS/2

3. OS/2 REXX DLLS with EMX/GCC compiler?

4. REXX COMPILERS FOR OS/2

5. REXX COMPILER FOR OS/2

6. New version of REXX2EXE (rexx compiler for OS/2)

7. Rexx OS/2 Compiler?

8. Shareware REXX compiler for OS/2?

9. Correction (was OS/2 REXX compiler)

10. OS/2 Rexx Translator/Compiler

11. OS/2: Rexx Script from Win-OS file manager

12. Q:Using REXX under OS/2 how can you change an OS/2 window size