OOREXX
Author Message
 OOREXX

Where  is it possible to find a beta of OOREXX except the DEVCONN CD's

Please reply because I am really interested, is there already a date when it
will be available ??

CU

Jan Casteels

Sun, 13 Jul 1997 08:03:19 GMT
 OOREXX

Quote:
>Where  is it possible to find a beta of OOREXX except the DEVCONN CD's

>Please reply because I am really interested, is there already a date when it
>will be available ??

Just some clarification...

IBM ran a closed beta for Object REXX on OS/2 and Windows last year ('closed'
meaning a limited number of beta testers and you had to sign a disclosure
agreement to play).

Object REXX was not on DevCon 5 Special Edition (the last released OS/2 DevCon
disk).

OS/2 DevCon 6 is due sometime soon (no official IBM word on contents but I'll
post it as soon as it's out).

Regards,

IBM REXX Development

Tue, 15 Jul 1997 03:38:43 GMT
 OOREXX

Quote:
> Object REXX was not on DevCon 5 Special Edition (the last released OS/2 DevCon
> disk).

> OS/2 DevCon 6 is due sometime soon (no official IBM word on contents but I'll
> post it as soon as it's out).

And Object REXX IS on DevCon 6.

Fri, 18 Jul 1997 01:09:18 GMT
 OOREXX
I heard last week at our OS/2 San Francisco Bay Area User Group meeting that
DevCon 6 will contain Object Rexx.  This was not spoken by an IBMer, but I do
expect Object Rexx to be there.

---> the opinions expressed are mine alone and not necessarily those
     of SLAC, Stanford University or the DOE
---> Rexx Symposium and Rexx Language Association meeting  May 1-3  SLAC  free

Fri, 18 Jul 1997 02:22:04 GMT
 OOREXX

Quote:

>I heard last week at our OS/2 San Francisco Bay Area User Group meeting that
>DevCon 6 will contain Object Rexx.  This was not spoken by an IBMer, but I do
>expect Object Rexx to be there.

The contents for OS/2 DevCon 6 have been announced.  No ship date yet but
expect soon.  The following is a list of REXX-related programs/products
that are on DevCon 6:

 Key:
  (Demo) = For Demonstration Purposes Only (Refer To License Agreement)
  (E) = Excerpts,  (I) = IBM Internally Developed Software,
  (P) = Pre-Release Software

 COMMUNICATION TOOLS (DISC 2)
 REXXAPPC: REXX Communications APIs (I)

 DEVELOPER TOOLKITS (DISC 1/2/3)
 IBM: Object REXX (P) NEW

 DEVELOPER TOOLS FOR OS/2 FOR THE POWERPC (DISC 3)
 IBM: The Developer's Toolkit for OS/2 for the PowerPC (P) NEW

 DEVELOPMENT TOOLS (DISC 1)
 DrDialog: A visual REXX programming environment (I) UPDATED
 Gpf Systems, Inc.: GpfRexx (Demo)
 Quercus Systems: REXXLIB (Demo)
 RXD: PM source level de{*filter*} for REXX (I)
 RxMathFN: A REXX DLL with C-language math functions (I)
 RXNETB: REXX APIs for the OS/2 NetBIOS (I)
 HockWare: VisPro/REXX (Demo)
 Visual REXX2: A library of REXX functions that provide a PM interface (I)
 Watcom: VX-REXX Client/Server Edition (Demo)  NEW

 SOURCE CODE FROM THE DEVELOPER CONNECTION NEWS (DISC 1)
 Volume VI:  Extend Your Program with REXX (I) NEW

 ON-LINE DOCUMENTATION
 IBM, OS/2 REXX NEW
 IBM, Object REXX Reference for OS/2 NEW
 IBM, REXX Reference UPDATED
 IBM, REXX Users Guide

Regards,

Tom Brawn
IBM REXX Development

Sun, 27 Jul 1997 01:23:14 GMT
 OOREXX
Devcon 6 has begun to arrive at customers.
--
Marvin Lichtenthal

Wed, 30 Jul 1997 17:21:15 GMT

1. OOREXX and OOREXX

2. possible oorexx bug?

3. how to get userproperties with ibm oorexx 2.1

4. OOREXX - directory() and filespec()

5. OORexx via FTP?

6. Redbook OORexx for Windows95/NT

7. Aix And Oorexx Boundled