OODIALOG: TEXT MISSING IN A TEXT BOX
Author Message
 OODIALOG: TEXT MISSING IN A TEXT BOX

Hi,

    I'm using Object Rexx to build a "viewer" that extract data from a
DB2 table,
format it and display it in a text window. I've built a graphic user
interface with
OODIALOG. The text that I want to display can be 300-400 lines long, so
use a scrollable text box. It works, but only the 75 first lines of text
appear in the
box. If I truncate the lines so they are shorter, then the first 95
lines appear. I feel
that there is a limitation to the number of car that I can dump in a
text box with
OODIALOG methods. Any one knows about such a limitation?

This is the piece of code that does the job, the text to display is in a
stem that
contains around 300 lines (text_display.i where i ranges from 1 to 300).

   bigdisplay_dlg = .BigDisplayDialog~new
   if bigdisplay_dlg~InitCode <> 0 then
      do
      error_msg = 'Unable to init bigdisplay_dlg'
      signal error_exit
      end

   if bigdisplay_dlg~Load("bigdisplay.rc") <> 0 then
      do
      error_msg = 'Unable to load bigdisplay_dlg'
      signal error_exit
      end

   /* load the text display with whatever data loaded by a previous
request */
   do i = 1 to text_display.0
     buffer = buffer''text_display.i''D2C(13)''D2C(10)
     end /* do on text_display.i */

   bigdisplay_dlg~ID_BIGDISPLAY_TXT = buffer
   user_request = bigdisplay_dlg~Execute("SHOWTOP")

Fri, 24 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to colorize, change font of text in text box

2. Accessing text in other applications windows text boxes

3. text file and text box script

4. How to save new text in text box

5. OBJRexx OODialog W98 Button text persistence

6. Some questions on elided text in the text widget (and a few other text widget questions)

7. sed: using matched text: missing GNU documentation

8. Missing text lines with StyledTextPrinter

9. OODialog List box connect methods

10. Missing overstrike/underline in postscript from canvas text

11. First line missed when searching in text widget

12. Expect script log_file is missing lines of text