Ping Function compatable with Rexx
Author Message
 Ping Function compatable with Rexx

Quote:

>I used the following REXX code in a script :

>if rc a= 0 then
>do
>    say "Unable to launch PING"
>    call Error
>end

I'd say you have a little problem here: what you'll get in rc is the result from
RXQUEUE, not from PING. I've run into this problem trapping the output from
NET USE commands. You end up having to parse what you've trapped to see
if the command worked: workable, but a pain.

====== Opinions expressed here are not those of my employer ======

Sun, 11 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Ping Function for use with VisPro Rexx

2. No PING functions for REXX?

3. OS/2 REXX: Results from PING.EXE?

4. PING from OS/2 Rexx ?

5. Passing REXX stems to external REXX functions -Reply

6. Passing REXX stems to external REXX functions

7. sharing external functions between cms rexx programs and xedit rexx programs

8. external rexx function calls (OS/2 REXX)

9. MVS-REXX: Howto write REXX external functions in C

10. FAX software compatable with 4b

11. General GUI OOPS Language for X/MS Windows (source compatable)

12. COMPATABLE-FORTH STANDARD (long)