OS/2 Netbios from REXX?
Author Message
 OS/2 Netbios from REXX?

    I would like to do some OS/2 NetBios programming from REXX. I would
like to be able to find out what NetBios Domains are on my Lan and what
users are on each domain. There are two packages on Hobbes that reference
rexx and netbios, but they aren't very helpful.

    If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate hearing them. Thanks.

73's  de  Jack   -  kf5mg

+     I am Homer of Borg.... prepare to be assim... oooo... Donuts...     +

Mon, 07 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 OS/2 Netbios from REXX?

: I would like to do some OS/2 NetBios programming from REXX. I would
:like to be able to find out what NetBios Domains are on my Lan and what
:users are on each domain. There are two packages on Hobbes that reference
:rexx and netbios, but they aren't very helpful.

The GammaTech REXX SuperSet/2 product includes a NetBIOS interface,
as well as LAN Server and UPM interfaces.

Barry Nance
  author of "Using OS/2 Warp", "Introduction to Networking",
  "Client/Server LAN Programming", "Networking Windows for Workgroups",
  and "Connecting with LAN Server". BYTE Magazine Contributing Editor.

Tue, 08 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 OS/2 Netbios from REXX?

Quote:

>: I would like to do some OS/2 NetBios programming from REXX. I would
>:like to be able to find out what NetBios Domains are on my Lan and what
>:users are on each domain. There are two packages on Hobbes that reference
>:rexx and netbios, but they aren't very helpful.

I'm afraid that in lan server there is no method of saying "what domains are
active".  You will have to contrive some type of table or heart beat program
from the domain controller.

Quote:
>The GammaTech REXX SuperSet/2 product includes a NetBIOS interface,
>as well as LAN Server and UPM interfaces.

GammaTech puts out some great stuff, but there is a free dll for rexx
that can covers all of the lan server calls.  Try hobbes for location of dll.

joe r wyatt

Thu, 10 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Rexx-Netbios - Devcon 8

2. OS/2: Rexx Script from Win-OS file manager

3. Q:Using REXX under OS/2 how can you change an OS/2 window size

4. REXX-OS/2 and ECI for CICS-OS/2

5. Can OS/2 REXX call OS/2 REXX-???

6. Porting an OS/2 Rexx to Regina Rexx

7. OS/2 Rexx port to Object Rexx for NT

8. OS/2 Rexx port to Object Rexx for NT

9. VX-REXX/REXX dialog trouble in OS/2 w/ FP17

10. Rexx-to-Rexx IPC under OS/2?

11. Rexx-to-Rexx IPC under OS/2?

12. VX-REXX and Object REXX under OS/2