Text Database in VX-Rexx
Author Message
 Text Database in VX-Rexx

Hi anybody know how to do a simple database in VX-REXX without using
any special Database software.  I only have the standard version and I
would prefer to use only that.
                        Thanks,
                        Norma

Yes, it is quite easy. Simply read/create your own text files in VX-REXX, and
you can use LINEIN, LINEOUT to read & write records. You can prefill list
boxes etc with data from the files. I recommend you CLOSE each file after
reading/writing, otherwise you may get some unpredictable results.

I have some simple examples I can mail you if required

Thu, 21 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Text Database in VX-Rexx

Is it possible to store your data in a stem variable, and then save that
variable to file.

Do they work like ARRAY in Pascal ?

Also, the container-object (in detail-view) is that just a stem variable ?

Arne K. Haaje                             | Tlf: + 47 + 22 37 42 70
Primaerdata AS                            | Fax: + 47 + 22 37 45 49
Sannergt. 11, 0557 Oslo, Norway           |-------------------------------
------------------------------------------| Time is an illusion, lunchtime
Team OS/2 | Using Yarn 0.90 OS/2 Warp     | doubly so.  -Douglas Adams

Sat, 23 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Text Database in VX-Rexx

2. column names getting garbled in Vx-Rexx C/S database object

3. VX-Rexx C/S kit : mangled database column names

4. Controlling OS/2 text mode app with VX-REXX

5. Controlling OS/2 text mode app with VX-REXX

6. VX-REXX: notebook status text

7. VX-REXX Entry field: disable makes text illegible

8. Vispro Rexx vs VX - Rexx

9. VX-REXX/REXX dialog trouble in OS/2 w/ FP17

10. VisPro/Rexx vs VX-REXX

11. VX-REXX to any REXX on NT

12. VisPro Rexx or VX-Rexx ?