Conversion OS/2 Rexx to Object Rexx for Windows '95
Author Message
 Conversion OS/2 Rexx to Object Rexx for Windows '95

Hi,

Could somebody tell me something about his/her experience in
converting an OS/2 Rexx program to an Object Rexx for Windows '95
program.

Thanks

Gert Jan Bossink

Sun, 02 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Conversion OS/2 Rexx to Object Rexx for Windows '95

Quote:

> Hi,

> Could somebody tell me something about his/her experience in
> converting an OS/2 Rexx program to an Object Rexx for Windows '95
> program.

If you do not use any additional libraries like rexxdate or rxu and if
the program doesn't do OS/2 specific things, in most cases you will not
have to change the source. Some calls like "SysSetPriority" require
different parameters.
If you use this instruction:
Parse Source OS CalledAs FullPath
you will get
 OS = "WindowsNT" or "Windows95" or "OS/2"
 CalledAs = "Command"
 FullPath = full path and name of your program

Then you can write code that runs in multiple environments.

Sun, 02 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Conversion OS/2 Rexx to Object Rexx for Windows '95
I converted a 3rd party OS/2 Classic REXX app of 11.5KLOC in about half a
day. That app also used SysXXX functions.

Only real work was getting the I/O to work properly, the rest was
mechanical.

However, I targeted NT, not '9x. Although there is theoretically no
difference as far as REXX is concerned, my general experience is that '9x is
not for real work.

Quote:
> Hi,

> Could somebody tell me something about his/her experience in
> converting an OS/2 Rexx program to an Object Rexx for Windows '95
> program.

> Thanks

> Gert Jan Bossink

Thu, 06 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. NEED DB/2 API's for Object REXX for Windows 95/NT

2. Announce: Update for Object REXX for Windows 95/Windows NT available

3. Object REXX For Windows 95

4. Compiler for Object REXX under Windows 95/NT ??

5. Windows NT/95 Object Rexx

6. Now available: new version of Object REXX for Windows 95/NT

7. New version of Object REXX for Windows 95/NT available

8. OS/2 Rexx port to Object Rexx for NT

9. OS/2 Rexx port to Object Rexx for NT

10. VX-REXX and Object REXX under OS/2

11. Object REXX & VX-REXX under OS/2

12. RexxUtil for Regina Rexx, part II (Or, tales of conversion to Rexx for Windows)