Special Characters
Author Message
 Special Characters

Hi, I am very new at coding in OPS-REXX, In fact I have not had any training
in Rexx coding.
I need to write a rule to update a table. The message contains a special
character of a plus sign (+).
I don't think I can use easy rule and I don't know how to write the rule in
any other way.
Please someone help!!!!

Sat, 10 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Special Characters
Look at the message from the OPSLOG, if the (+) is the MSG.SPCHR variable,
just code the rule to begin like:
MSGTEXT +DFH1517 CICSP1 Control is being given to CICS
)MSG  DFH1517

Also, the OPSLOG display field MessageID will give you the value needed to
begin the rule.
If your going to update an RDF table, use Address SQL as that will run under
OPSMAIN where OPSQL command will be passed over to the OPSOSF server if one
is available or wait for the next available one.

I started in my department, and had to live in QuickRef for three months
before they sent me to an OPS/MVS class, then a couple more month before a
REXX class.

Sat, 10 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Searching/Replacing with special characters.

2. HELP! special characters

3. Special characters in titles?

4. SE: Typing Special characters

5. VW2.5.1 problem with special characters

6. Special characters in memo field

7. Special characters with winxp and clipper 5.2

8. Print special characters in Clarion 3.1 for DOS -Reply

9. Print special characters in Clarion 3.1 for DOS

10. Use of special characters in pattern picture format

11. Eliminate Special Characters

12. Memoedit and using special characters (ascii 0 - 32)