ASCII Print Control Characters for printing with REXX/2
Author Message
 ASCII Print Control Characters for printing with REXX/2

I would like to use rexx/2 to print out simple reports.  User would like
to see header in larger italics, and subcategories in bold.  I found the
character for new page.  Is there a listing of print control characters?
(or is it printer/vendor dependent)?  Please post reply as my "mail" sw
does not work.

Mon, 26 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 ASCII Print Control Characters for printing with REXX/2

Quote:

>I would like to use rexx/2 to print out simple reports.  User would like
>to see header in larger italics, and subcategories in bold.  I found the
>character for new page.  Is there a listing of print control characters?
>(or is it printer/vendor dependent)?  Please post reply as my "mail" sw
>does not work.

Sorry, but it's absolutely printer-dependent.
--
Bob Shair                          Open Systems Consultant

Champaign, IL 61821                217/356-2684
<      Not representing the University of Illinois      >

Mon, 26 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 ASCII Print Control Characters for printing with REXX/2

Quote:
>I would like to use rexx/2 to print out simple reports.  User would like
>to see header in larger italics, and subcategories in bold.  I found the
>character for new page.  Is there a listing of print control characters?
>(or is it printer/vendor dependent)?  Please post reply as my "mail" sw
>does not work.

There are a few characters that are fairly standard for most printers,
but many are dependent upon the type of printer.
What kind is it?   You will need it's manual.

--
Ronald Palmer, Rockwell International, Rocketdyne Div.   1-818-586-1069

TEAM OS/2                               I do not speak for my employer.

Mon, 26 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. print number instead of ascii character

2. print number instead of ascii character

3. Help printing extended ASCII character set

4. printing an ASCII character

5. printing non-ASCII characters - please explain

6. REQUEST: Printing Extended ASCII characters

7. Displaying/Printing ASCII special characters?

8. How do I set print font for ASCII View Print Procedure

9. Control template ASCII print

10. Printing from clipper applications under Win XP DOS prints control codes

11. Controlling the printing of characters through Clipper

12. Controlling the printing of characters