ORexx + OLE: Unable to create new instance
Author Message
 ORexx + OLE: Unable to create new instance

Hello Everyone,

I have created a small website indexing method using ORexx/OLE + MS-Frontpage. It is designed to be
called recursively so that it will descend through any number of levels and create basic, standardized
index pages for each directory.

Everything works fine for the first index page creation: OLE objects are created, MS-Frontpage objects are
queried, deleted, re-created, saved, etc. However, after closing/quitting the various MS-Frontpage layers
to the point where I'm left only with the (disconnected) OLE 'Frontpage.application" object, I cannot
create another OLE instance of MS-Frontpage. (I can happily create other OLE objects like
"word.application", though.) And, I get a message likeunto "Error 92.911: Could not create OLE instance."
.

In short, the first invocation of ORexx/OLE + MS-Frontpage works great. But, I cannot re-instantiate
another MS-Frontpage object.

Anyone got any ideas ?
Chuck

Sun, 20 Mar 2005 01:02:26 GMT
 ORexx + OLE: Unable to create new instance
If you look in your Task Manager, is Frontpage still running?  If so,
then try GetObject

Try dropping your variables.
Just some quick thoughts off the top of my head.

Lee

Quote:
>Hello Everyone,

>I have created a small website indexing method using ORexx/OLE + MS-Frontpage. It is designed to be
>called recursively so that it will descend through any number of levels and create basic, standardized
>index pages for each directory.

>Everything works fine for the first index page creation: OLE objects are created, MS-Frontpage objects are
>queried, deleted, re-created, saved, etc. However, after closing/quitting the various MS-Frontpage layers
>to the point where I'm left only with the (disconnected) OLE 'Frontpage.application" object, I cannot
>create another OLE instance of MS-Frontpage. (I can happily create other OLE objects like
>"word.application", though.) And, I get a message likeunto "Error 92.911: Could not create OLE instance."
>.

>In short, the first invocation of ORexx/OLE + MS-Frontpage works great. But, I cannot re-instantiate
>another MS-Frontpage object.

>Anyone got any ideas ?
>Chuck

Sun, 20 Mar 2005 02:25:09 GMT
 ORexx + OLE: Unable to create new instance
Hello,

maybe it is not allowed to have to instances.
Does a simple script like this fail too?

obj = .oleobject~new("Frontpage.application")
obj = .oleobject~new("Frontpage.application")
exit

Some objects (I don't have Frontpage installed...)
have a "quit" or "exit" method to remove the instance
(DROPping may not work (alone)).

Try obj~quit (or obj~exit) to remove the running instance.

Kind regards,
Jan Engehausen, REXX Development, IBM Germany

Sun, 20 Mar 2005 14:54:26 GMT

1. GNU ST: getting user-created classes to create new instances

2. Unable to create new field error in Window formatter

3. Creating a instance variable with a new class.

4. creating new instances of abstract classes

5. Adjusting or creating new instance members?

6. create a new instance in C of a Python subclass

7. Question: How to only create new object instances?

8. Unable to start ORexx (OS/2)

9. ORexx - Looking for MS-SQL OLE object name/id

10. ORexx: OLE access to MS-SQL v7

11. orexx.exe error -- error log is being created

12. Unable to create MDI window