Start Job based on time of day
Author Message
 Start Job based on time of day

I am a newbee to this stuff. I need help with a job in the JES2 environment
that will submit a job at 3:00 P.M. each day. Any help would truely be
appreciated. I am not lazy just under the gun.

Tue, 22 Mar 2005 09:15:13 GMT
 Start Job based on time of day
in the tsorexx group the time was 1800.... but what I would do is not
rexx based.  if you have a windows or unix workstation you can have it
ftp a job to jes2 for execution, and you can schedule it in windows by
creating a new scheduled task, or in unix by the cron or at commands.
the ftp commands you need should be documented in the os390 library at
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com:80/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/f1aa203...
Quote:

> I am a newbee to this stuff. I need help with a job in the JES2 environment
> that will submit a job at 3:00 P.M. each day. Any help would truely be
> appreciated. I am not lazy just under the gun.

Tue, 22 Mar 2005 10:54:56 GMT
 Start Job based on time of day

Quote:
> I am a newbee to this stuff. I need help with a job in the JES2
> environment that will submit a job at 3:00 P.M. each day. Any help
> would truely be appreciated. I am not lazy just under the gun.

The standard answer to this is to get the job put under control of your
site's production job scheduling package.  Then it will be submitted as
required AND if it fails or never runs someone will follow it up.

Normally a job submitted into a non-production job class has no guarantee
of being run, let alone at the time it is submitted.

This has nothing to do with rexx.

Wed, 23 Mar 2005 05:05:20 GMT

1. importing animations and time sensor start/stop time

2. ICFP Programming Contest 2003 starts in 10 days

3. ICFP Programming Contest 2003 starts in 10 days

4. OT: Python Web Developer Needed ASAP (Must be able to start in 2 days)

5. Test iss-base V2.0 for 90 days - NOW

6. choose picture based on day an month

7. VAST JOBS $ VAST JOBS $ VAST JOBS $ VAST JOBS $ VAST JOBS

8. Two day job avail

9. Luxembourg-based start-up seeks development team members

10. Luxembourg-based start-up seeks development team members

11. Luxembourg-based start-up seeks development team members