REXX compiler or syntax checker for IBM PC??
Author Message
 REXX compiler or syntax checker for IBM PC??

Working with a source-control system on a PC that exports REXX source to an
AS/400, only then to find you've made a silly mistake, is such a pain.

Surely someone has written a compiler (even if only for PC executables), or at
least a syntax checker that would serve to filter many errors?

Please respond via email. You will need to REMOVE_ from my address to make it
valid.

Thanks!!
Stephen

Thu, 07 Apr 2005 04:36:59 GMT
 REXX compiler or syntax checker for IBM PC??

%
% Working with a source-control system on a PC that exports REXX source to an
% AS/400, only then to find you've made a silly mistake, is such a pain.
%
% Surely someone has written a compiler (even if only for PC executables), or at
% least a syntax checker that would serve to filter many errors?

You could use Regina's tokenizer to do this. Be warned that the rexx dialect
on the AS/400 is a bit different from rexx on other platforms, and also
be warned that rexx has a forgiving syntax, which allows quite a lot
of incorrectly typed code to be accepted. I would expect it's better to
write the code on the AS/400, test it, then put it in the source-control
system.

% Please respond via email. You will need to REMOVE_ from my address to make it
% valid.

I would expect it's better to look for the response here, and to use a
proper reply address if you want replies by e-mail.

--

Patrick TJ McPhee
East York  Canada

Thu, 07 Apr 2005 07:10:13 GMT
 REXX compiler or syntax checker for IBM PC??
Hello there,
  you could use the general REXX Parser (step REX_PARS) of my Rexx to
NetRexx converter. It will, for instance, give you a list of all
'externals' used by your program, etc.
  There are a couple of options available, e.g: option LSTRING - do
allow
LONG strings (string literals crossing a line. option NOLSTRING is the
default)) or option NOCMD (do NOT allow System commands by default;
option CMD is the default), etc.

best regards, Thomas Schneider (www.Rexx2Nrx.com)

Thu, 07 Apr 2005 22:32:53 GMT
 REXX compiler or syntax checker for IBM PC??
REXXC, from object rexx, checks for syntax errors.

Quote:

> Working with a source-control system on a PC that exports REXX source to
an
> AS/400, only then to find you've made a silly mistake, is such a pain.

> Surely someone has written a compiler (even if only for PC executables),
or at
> least a syntax checker that would serve to filter many errors?

> Please respond via email. You will need to REMOVE_ from my address to make
it
> valid.

> Thanks!!
> Stephen

Fri, 08 Apr 2005 20:47:39 GMT

1. Verilog Syntax Checker for PC

2. Rexx Syntax Checker

3. Rexx Syntax Checker

4. Syntax checker or compiler for VHDL?

5. Syntax Checkers - Compilers - Experience anyone?

6. ANNOUNCE:tcl_cruncher: pseudo-compiler & syntax checker

7. REXX for IBM PC

8. REXX for IBM PC-DOS v7.0

9. Help with ASM function in IBM PC-DOS 7.0 REXX

10. Help with ASM function in IBM PC-DOS 7.0 REXX

11. Forth compiler/interpreter for IBM-PC.

12. Looking for efficient compiler for IBM PC