VX-REXX bits in macros for other programs?
Author Message
 VX-REXX bits in macros for other programs?

I just want to confirm what I think I'm reading in some of the VX-REXX
documentation.

As I read it, I'm being told that I can integrate VX-REXX "stuff" (for
lack of a better term) into, say, the REXX-based script files I write
for LiveWire.  Is this correct?

The next question is, of course, where exactly is this explicitly
documented--I can't seem to find anything other than hints.

Thanks,

--

"Shave your face with some mace in the dark."

Thu, 24 Oct 1996 07:47:27 GMT
 VX-REXX bits in macros for other programs?

Quote:

>I just want to confirm what I think I'm reading in some of the VX-REXX
>documentation.

>As I read it, I'm being told that I can integrate VX-REXX "stuff" (for
>lack of a better term) into, say, the REXX-based script files I write
>for LiveWire.  Is this correct?

I'm not sure about LiveWire or Ckermit since they are cell mode apps,
but I'm beta testing a PM communications program which has a REXX
interface and I've gotten VX-REXX scripts to work fine with it (PM
controls and all).

If you are in cell mode you need to run the vrx stub to get into
graphics mode.  I'm not sure how to do this from a cell app like
ckermit or livewire.  If yer already in PM mode then compile to a
macro (rather than an EXE) and then have the PM app run that macro.
Works for me.

Quote:

>The next question is, of course, where exactly is this explicitly
>documented--I can't seem to find anything other than hints.

In "VX-REXX Programmer's Guide" read the section on "Using command
files and application macros".

Quote:
>--

>"Shave your face with some mace in the dark."

--

Thu, 24 Oct 1996 23:04:12 GMT
 VX-REXX bits in macros for other programs?

Quote:

>I just want to confirm what I think I'm reading in some of the VX-REXX
>documentation.

>As I read it, I'm being told that I can integrate VX-REXX "stuff" (for
>lack of a better term) into, say, the REXX-based script files I write
>for LiveWire.  Is this correct?

If LiveWire is a Presentation Manager program, this is correct.

Quote:
>The next question is, of course, where exactly is this explicitly
>documented--I can't seem to find anything other than hints.

There isn't a whole lot to document.  If LiveWire is a PM program, you use
the VX-REXX "Make Macro" facility to make a macro, and then run it just as
you would any other LiveWire macro.

Paul Prescod

Fri, 25 Oct 1996 23:12:40 GMT

1. VX-REXX Macro Runner for Ami Pro for OS/2

2. Start a VXRexx program from a VXRexx Program

3. VX-Rexx Question - Sample program

4. Running another program in VX-Rexx

5. STARTING A DOS PROGRAM FROM VX-REXX

6. Starting a DOS program from VX-REXX

7. VX-REXX programming question

8. Can one do graphics programming with VX-REXX

9. VX-Rexx: Can a program scroll a container?

10. SEND Command from VX-REXX Program Gives rc=23

11. Need help with drag and drop for VX-REXX program

12. Windoze terminal program with Rexx macros.