SysSleep function in OS/2 Rexx (problem solved)
Author Message
 SysSleep function in OS/2 Rexx (problem solved)

Quote:

>I am trying to write a simple timer function in Rexx under OS/2.
>It appeared from the online documentation that the SysSleep function
>would let me do this. I placed a call in my program as follows:

>     call SysSleep 60

>This should have caused the program sleep for 60 seconds. Instead, I
>received an error 40, which stated that I had used a valid function in
>an invalid manner. The most common cause was listed as incorrect type or
>number of arguments. Can anyone see what is wrong with my call, or give me
>another option to accomplish the same result. It would also be acceptable to
>have the program sleep until a specified time, but this seemed harder to do.

Please ignore my question. I simply rebooted the system, and everything worked.
I guess there are still a few bugs in OS/2.

Richard D. Nolde
Castle Computers
Cincinnati, Ohio

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 16 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 SysSleep function in OS/2 Rexx (problem solved)

Function In

Quote:
>This should have caused the program sleep for 60 seconds. Instead, I
>received an error 40, which stated that I had used a valid function in
>an invalid manner. The most common cause was listed as incorrect type or

richn>Please ignore my question. I simply rebooted the system,
richn>and everything worked.
richn>I guess there are still a few bugs in OS/2.

It is more often a bug in a REXX exec that registers an external function
with an invalid DLL or entry point name. Re-booting the machine clears the
duff version out of the REXX external function table and allows a correct
version to be registered.

A call to RxFuncDrop() would have likely fixed it too.

Regards

Dave
<Team PL/I>
___
 * MR/2 2.25 #353 * Christianity is just a flash in the Pantheon

Tue, 17 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. external rexx function calls (OS/2 REXX)

2. REXX DLL problems solved (was Re: Problems getting C subcommand to work)

3. SysSleep won't work in OS/2 beta

4. My SysSleep and AskDialog functions disappear!

5. os/390 panel problem....can anybody solve this !

6. VX-REXX Secondary Window Problem Solved

7. Function library for parallel solving of constrained non-linear optimization problems

8. Sort function, classic rexx OS/2

9. Rexx external functions in OS/2

10. OS/2 Question: How can I pass parameters from REXX to DLL function

11. Call C Function from REXX in OS/2

12. REXX functions with BC++ for OS/2