Testing if ID is a VALID TSO ID
Author Message
 Testing if ID is a VALID TSO ID

I must write a CGI in REXX and I want to know if someone knows how to
test if that ID and Password provided by the user on the page is a valid
one
in TSO  ?

Thanks in advance.

Sat, 05 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Testing if ID is a VALID TSO ID
Highly dependent on what security package (RACF, ACF2, ...) is installed on
your system.

For ACF2, you could write an assember routine that invoke the "lookup"
macros that will cause a database lookup.
I assume you can do the same for RACF.

Talk to your security administrators to see if they will allow you access to
the libraries necessary to assemble the program.
The module will probably have to be installed in an authorized library, and
as a system programmer, there is no way you
are getting your code in my authorized library.  (Major security
exposures...)

In most shops the only way you are going to get the functionality is to
request the Operating System Support Staff to write
the lookup module for you, that you can then call...  (separation of
function - easier to justify to the auditors.)

/s/ Bill Turner, wb4alm

Quote:

> I must write a CGI in REXX and I want to know if someone knows how to
> test if that ID and Password provided by the user on the page is a valid
> one
> in TSO  ?

> Thanks in advance.

Mon, 07 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Testing if ID is a VALID TSO ID
Bill Turner, WB4ALM entertained comp.lang.rexx with the following story:

Quote:
>For ACF2, you could write an assember routine that invoke the "lookup"
>macros that will cause a database lookup.
>I assume you can do the same for RACF.

In 1987 I wrote a Rexx program on CMS which was able to validate a user's
password using RACF.  It didn't need any special privileges.  I don't still
have the program, and this could all have changed by now of course.

Quote:

>> I must write a CGI in REXX and I want to know if someone knows how to
>> test if that ID and Password provided by the user on the page is a valid
>> one
>> in TSO  ?

Note that I think posting your system login and password in a web form is a
rather bad idea from a security perspective.  I hope you will be using SSL
encryption, at least.
--

------ http://www.comlab.ox.ac.uk/oucl/users/ian.collier/imc.html

New to this group?  Answers to frequently-asked questions can be had from
http://rexx.hursley.ibm.com/rexx/ .

Tue, 08 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Testing if ID is a VALID TSO ID
That's not it.. It's not on the web..it's on the intranet..

Ian Collier a crit:

Quote:
> Bill Turner, WB4ALM entertained comp.lang.rexx with the following story:
> >For ACF2, you could write an assember routine that invoke the "lookup"
> >macros that will cause a database lookup.
> >I assume you can do the same for RACF.

> In 1987 I wrote a Rexx program on CMS which was able to validate a user's
> password using RACF.  It didn't need any special privileges.  I don't still
> have the program, and this could all have changed by now of course.

> >> I must write a CGI in REXX and I want to know if someone knows how to
> >> test if that ID and Password provided by the user on the page is a valid
> >> one
> >> in TSO  ?

> Note that I think posting your system login and password in a web form is a
> rather bad idea from a security perspective.  I hope you will be using SSL
> encryption, at least.
> --

> ------ http://www.comlab.ox.ac.uk/oucl/users/ian.collier/imc.html

> New to this group?  Answers to frequently-asked questions can be had from
> http://rexx.hursley.ibm.com/rexx/ .

Tue, 08 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. select count(*) from test_file where id>100 and id<1000

2. Object IDs are good ( was: Object IDs are bad )

3. expect_after executes for spawn id 1 even if the corresponding expect executes for spawn id 2

4. after - list valid ids?

5. after - list valid ids?

6. Finding Logical Terminal id in TSO

7. FW: Terminal ID in TSO Rexx

8. Terminal ID in TSO Rexx

9. Host ID in TSO (e.g. Rexx)

10. Propagation Test From cbn.net.id

11. User and Group name => user id and group id

12. id(a) == id(b) and a is not b --> bug?