Socket Interface of REXX
Author Message
 Socket Interface of REXX

There are rexx interpreters available for
various platforms. How 'portable' are
programs that use the TCP/IP socket interface ?
I'd like to develop a server program on an OS/2 or Linux
system, the target system is OS/390.

Thanks
  Peter

Fri, 09 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Socket Interface of REXX
I don't know about OS/390.  I have written a RXSOCK library for Regina/Win32
that's available at http://home.hiwaay.net/~abbott/regina/rxsck10.zip.  It's
also available for other Win32 Rexx's, such as WinRexx.  It should port to a
system with BSD sockets fairly easily.  I plan on porting it to
Regina/Solaris on of these years.

If you do a port to OS/390 please send me the diffs so I can add them to the
archive.

Darren
--
Darren Abbott

Quote:

>There are rexx interpreters available for
>various platforms. How 'portable' are
>programs that use the TCP/IP socket interface ?
>I'd like to develop a server program on an OS/2 or Linux
>system, the target system is OS/390.

>Thanks
>  Peter

Fri, 09 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Socket Interface of REXX

Quote:

> If you do a port to OS/390 please send me the diffs so I can add them to the
> archive.

Sorry, but I'm a COBOL guy, no C available.

Peter

Sat, 10 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Socket Interface of REXX
Hi,

Not sure how this post will look.  Am trying the OS/2 NS4.04 beta at
this end...

Quote:
> There are rexx interpreters available for
> various platforms. How 'portable' are
> programs that use the TCP/IP socket interface ?
> I'd like to develop a server program on an OS/2 or Linux
> system, the target system is OS/390.

Why not use NetRexx?  Since it uses the java tcpip interface moving
theprogram from platform to platfrom should not be hard at all.  If you
are at
all familiar with the pipeline products you can even exploit my netrexx
(and
java) port - the tcpdata, tcpclient and tcplisten are supported.

Luck,

http://www.cam.org/~tomlins/njpipes.html

Mon, 12 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. REXX TCP/IP Socket Interface For Netview

2. REXX for CICS/ESA and DB2 REXX interface

3. TCP/IP socket interface

4. Socket Interface?

5. Q: Eiffel socket interface classes

6. Virtual Socket Interface

7. Socket interface

8. Ada interface to Jave network socket

9. General sockets & file system interface

10. BSD socket interface?

11. Wanted: Socket Interface Pkg

12. BSD-Socket/SVR4-Stream interface in Ada needed !!