??? Redirecting output to an MLE (VX-REXX or VisPro REXX)
Author Message
 ??? Redirecting output to an MLE (VX-REXX or VisPro REXX)

Can anyone give me a quick example to redirect a program's output to an
MLE?
Please EMAIL your reply to:

--
John D. Schult

Fort Wayne, IN
USA

Tue, 02 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 ??? Redirecting output to an MLE (VX-REXX or VisPro REXX)

Quote:

> Can anyone give me a quick example to redirect a program's output to an
> MLE?
> Please EMAIL your reply to:

> --
> John D. Schult

> Fort Wayne, IN
> USA

John,

There are basically 2 ways:  re-direct or pipe the output to either a file or to a Rxqueue
and then read the file/RxQueue in your VxRexx/VisProRx MLE.  Here is an example of using
the RxQueue to store the output, parsing it, then returning a desired string.  This
routine checks for a particular program/process using the Pstat command.  Now, I am just
using a standard output (StdOut), but you could easily display the contents of the variable
in the MLE:

/* Search active processes for requested program/dll */
  parse upper arg task

  Do Queued()
    Parse Pull Line
    if pos(':',line) = 0 then nop
    else do
      parse value line with . . . process .
      if task = '' & pos('PSTAT',process) = 0 then say process
      else if pos(task,process) > 0 then say process
    end
  End

You would simply display the variable PROCESS in your mle, or you could displau every line
that you PULL.  I use this type of routine often in both VxRexx & VisProRx.

Gaylen Fraley                         \\||//
Team OS/2                             ( .. )
-----------------------------------oOO--()--OOo--------------------------------
John 3:16  "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Wed, 03 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 ??? Redirecting output to an MLE (VX-REXX or VisPro REXX)

Hallo Gaylen,

gf>/* Search active processes for requested program/dll */
gf>  parse upper arg task

Gruss Stefan

Sat, 06 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Vispro Rexx vs VX - Rexx

2. VisPro/Rexx vs VX-REXX

3. VisPro Rexx or VX-Rexx ?

4. VX-REXX C/S 2.1b Much Slower Than VISPRO-REXX

5. Vispro Rexx vs VX - Rexx

6. VisPro REXX vs VX-REXX

7. VisPro REXX vs VX-REXX

8. VisPro/Rexx delete key in an MLE