IPCs in REXX?
Author Message
 IPCs in REXX?

   I work on a group of interconnected IBM 370's and I now have a need
to have some REXX programs on different hosts communicate with each
other.  In the past I have kludged this type of communication by doing
such things as creating files with the data to be exchanged and then
allowing the other system to read the file.  What I am wondering now is
if there exists any Inter Process Communication facilities in REXX (it
sure seems to have just a little bit of everything else)?  I guess
my thinking on the subject is based in the UNIX world: sockets and such.

Thanks in advance.

        J MM    MM AAAA     |
        J M M  M M AAAA     |    "I'm not bad, I'm just coded that way!"

Fri, 02 Jul 1993 20:33:34 GMT

1. Making IPCS BLSQMxxx macro entries ?

2. REXX in WINDOWS/REXX Add-ins/VISUAL REXX ????

3. calling Non-Rexx DLLs from REXX with RXU

4. Porting from REXX on VM to Object REXX on AIX or W2000

5. for help about vispro rexx and Object REXX

6. Porting an OS/2 Rexx to Regina Rexx

7. Calling Rexx from Rexx

8. Rexx-Mode.el, Rexx syntax support for Gnu-Emacs(1/1)

9. Object REXX: incompatibility with T-REXX ?

10. Rexx or Obj-Rexx for web programming?

11. Rexx or Obj-Rexx for web programming?

12. OS/2 Rexx port to Object Rexx for NT