Warp 4.5 and loop
Author Message
 Warp 4.5 and loop

Using Classic Rexx and OS2 Ecomstation.
  EcomStation seems easy to get into a rexx loop (by error) that I
can't break out of.

  The window list won't come up, the X button won't cancel it, the
pulse app shows a hard run condition and dozens of ^C's are ignored.

  The clock is updating, the mouse works and the help notes for the
bar will pop up.

  And ideas of how to kill this program?

  TIA

Fri, 08 Apr 2005 03:54:22 GMT
 Warp 4.5 and loop

Quote:

> Using Classic Rexx and OS2 Ecomstation.
>   EcomStation seems easy to get into a rexx loop (by error) that I
> can't break out of.

>   The window list won't come up, the X button won't cancel it, the
> pulse app shows a hard run condition and dozens of ^C's are ignored.

>   The clock is updating, the mouse works and the help notes for the
> bar will pop up.

>   And ideas of how to kill this program?

Can you publish the source code? Looking at it might help see where it's
going wrong...

Regards,

Jack

Fri, 08 Apr 2005 12:25:32 GMT
 Warp 4.5 and loop
Quote:

> Using Classic Rexx and OS2 Ecomstation.
>   EcomStation seems easy to get into a rexx loop (by error) that I
> can't break out of.

>   The window list won't come up, the X button won't cancel it, the
> pulse app shows a hard run condition and dozens of ^C's are ignored.

>   The clock is updating, the mouse works and the help notes for the
> bar will pop up.

>   And ideas of how to kill this program?

>   TIA

Trying to pull from the console?

Fri, 08 Apr 2005 21:43:15 GMT
 Warp 4.5 and loop
I don't remember exactly, but it was only a few lines of code.

It was something like:

filein='xxx'
do while lines(filein)
  buffer=linein(filen)
  if yahdah yahdah yahday Say buffer
end
return

  The problem was the miss-spelled file name in the linein function.

  I have also noticed that a ^C seems to lag behind in breaking out of
a job that is writing to the screen.  I don't know if the VIO is
buffered up somewhere and is so far behind the process, but is can
take 20-30 seconds before the effect is seen on the screen.  Since
these are 2400 MHz processors, that could be part of it.

Thanks for the responses

Mon, 11 Apr 2005 23:19:37 GMT
 Warp 4.5 and loop

Quote:

> I don't remember exactly, but it was only a few lines of code.

> It was something like:

> filein='xxx'
> do while lines(filein)
>   buffer=linein(filen)
>   if yahdah yahdah yahday Say buffer
> end
> return

>   The problem was the miss-spelled file name in the linein function.

>   I have also noticed that a ^C seems to lag behind in breaking out of
> a job that is writing to the screen.  I don't know if the VIO is
> buffered up somewhere and is so far behind the process, but is can
> take 20-30 seconds before the effect is seen on the screen.  Since
> these are 2400 MHz processors, that could be part of it.

> Thanks for the responses

There is a setting in config.sys that specifies when ^C is to be checked.
It can be either every system call or only IO calls, I think.

--
Remove zamboni to reply.
All the above is hearsay and the not quaranteed.

Tue, 12 Apr 2005 05:04:31 GMT
 Warp 4.5 and loop

Quote:
>I don't remember exactly, but it was only a few lines of code.

>It was something like:

>filein='xxx'
>do while lines(filein)
>  buffer=linein(filen)
>  if yahdah yahdah yahday Say buffer
>end
>return

>  The problem was the miss-spelled file name in the linein function.

   I like to run a spell cheker over my code, as that
way all the variables have to at least be the same.

baden

Tue, 12 Apr 2005 06:41:51 GMT
 Warp 4.5 and loop

Quote:

zum Thema Re: Warp 4.5 and loop:

Quote:

> >I don't remember exactly, but it was only a few lines of code.

> >It was something like:

> >filein='xxx'
> >do while lines(filein)
> >  buffer=linein(filen)
> >  if yahdah yahdah yahday Say buffer
> >end
> >return

> >  The problem was the miss-spelled file name in the linein function.
>    I like to run a spell cheker over my code, as that
> way all the variables have to at least be the same.

Hello,

one very simple trick is to put:

        Signal on novalue

in the front of your code. First time you use a variable after the
equal-sign (=) without a value, you get a runtime-error-message. If
you want to use it the first time after the equal-sign you must assign
a legal value:

example (not tested):
        signal on novalue
        a = b

gets an error

example (not tested 2):
        signal on novalue
        b = 'text'
        a = b

runs fine

have a nive day

Andreas

Tue, 12 Apr 2005 21:38:13 GMT

1. Looping over a directory and reading Jpegs into a database -- Realbasic 4.5

2. Mass change of all Warp 3 URL's to Warp 4 URLs

3. VAST 4.5 startup problem

4. VA 4.5 Web Connect Feature problem

5. VA 4.5 IIOP and nil objects

6. Smalltalk version 4.5 and browser