Fwd: NetRexx language now available (fwd)
Author Message
 Fwd: NetRexx language now available (fwd)

>Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 16:46:35 -0400 (EDT)

>Subject: NetRexx language now available (fwd)

FYI...
Quote:
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 19:12:22 BST

Subject: NetRexx language now available

I'm pleased to report that details of the NetRexx programming
language,
and its first experimental implementation, are now available from:

  http://www.*-*-*.com/

Overview:

  NetRexx is a new programming language derived from both Rexx and
  Java(tm); it is a dialect of Rexx that retains the portability and
  efficiency of Java, while being as easy to learn and to use as
Rexx.

  NetRexx is an effective alternative to the Java language.  With
NetRexx,
  you can create programs and applets for the Java environment more
easily
  than by programming in Java.  Using Java classes is especially easy
in
  NetRexx as you rarely have to worry about all the different types
of
  numbers and strings that Java requires.

On the web site you'll find:

  Documentation:  Quick Start, Language Summary & Reference,
Installation

  Samples and examples:  Simple applications and applets

  Software: NetRexx translator

Comments and feedback are welcome!

Mike Cowlishaw
IBM Fellow

Fri, 09 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. (Fwd) (Fwd) Re: Band Matrices

2. (Fwd) MESSAGE ON PHONE SCAM (fwd)

3. [Fwd: envienla (fwd)]

4. Fwd: [LogoForum] Re: (Fwd) [apcs] Karel Goes Fishing!

5. [Fwd: Re: RubyInline 1.0.4 Released! (fwd)]

6. Ruby Impressions (fwd) (fwd)

7. There's got to be an easy way to do this (fwd) (fwd)

8. utility to display the contents of a pickle (fwd) (fwd)

9. get-a-cup-of-coffee slow (fwd) (fwd)

10. Announcing DOS port availability (fwd) (Was: Announcing DOS port availability (fwd))

11. LOGO-L> (Fwd) Fwd: (fwd) Computers and education

12. [Fwd: Compiler positions available for week ending February 3]