How to execute OS2 edit macro from a REXX program
Author Message
 How to execute OS2 edit macro from a REXX program

I am running a REXX program under OS2. From this program I would like
to EDIT a file and run an edit macro against it.
In VM the command would be XEDIT fn ft (PROF macro
How would I do this in REXX under OS2. Do I need any add on software?

Thanking you in advance,

Geoff Litman

Thu, 26 Dec 1996 19:05:42 GMT
 How to execute OS2 edit macro from a REXX program
Geoff, if you are serious about doing this, I suggest you get a copy of
KEDIT from Mansfield Software.  It works very much like XEDIT, with a
bunch of PC-specific enhancements.  It does support profiles, and I
have done just what you suggest with 5Gb of data on a PC.  Took 3 days
to run.  And the pre- and post-processing was in PL/1, which is a great
implementation under OS/2.  Very much industrial strength.   Dave

Dave Gomberg, role model for those who don't ask much in their fantasy lives.

Thu, 26 Dec 1996 14:52:17 GMT

1. TSO-REXX: Edit Macros in Batch Mode

2. Calling dos program from OS2 REXX

3. Calling dos program from OS2 REXX

4. REXX sample TELNET program in OS2

5. NT REXX assistance for OS2/VM REXX man

6. I need to execute a compilated rexx program on AIX

7. Windoze terminal program with Rexx macros.

8. VX-REXX bits in macros for other programs?

9. Can not edit my program, I know about edit mode

10. Rexx Macro Space on Classic OS/2 Rexx

11. Stopping A REXX Program With Another REXX Program

12. sharing external functions between cms rexx programs and xedit rexx programs