OS/2 VXREXX updates
Author Message
 OS/2 VXREXX updates

I'm looking for the latest updates to VXREXX standard edition.

I thought I had purchased the latest upgrade before they discontinued
development, but my files are ambiguous. The Help "about" claims 2.0 but
the README claims 2.1

I've seen references to a 2.1c version. Is this the latest? How can I tell
which version I have? If I need it, where can I find the latest patch? Is
the latest patch cumulative or must I apply them serially?

Thanks

Sun, 18 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 OS/2 VXREXX updates

:>
:>I'm looking for the latest updates to VXREXX standard edition.
:>
:>I thought I had purchased the latest upgrade before they discontinued
:>development, but my files are ambiguous. The Help "about" claims 2.0 but
:>the README claims 2.1
:>
:>I've seen references to a 2.1c version. Is this the latest? How can I tell
:>which version I have? If I need it, where can I find the latest patch? Is
:>the latest patch cumulative or must I apply them serially?
:>
:>Thanks
:>
:>-----------------------------------------------------------

:>-----------------------------------------------------------
:>

Barry,

We stopped using VXREXX some time back, but we still have
some legacy code.  I checked our product information on those
applications, and they show "Version 2.1 Patch level D."

I think that this is the latest level.  The patches for
VXREXX can be found at Hobbes in the /pub/os2/dev/rexx/patches
directory.  However, I do not think that you can raise a
version 2.0 level to a version 2.1 through patches.

Anyway, take a look at that directory.  I suggest that you
look at the 00globald.txt file first to get a thumbnail
description of these patches.

Hope this helps.

Bob Eberle

Sun, 18 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VXREXX start OS/2 programs without opening a window

2. VXRexx and Object Rexx for OS/2 incompatiblity?

3. Update question VXREXX 2.1 to 2.1a

4. Need help launching external non rexx command using VXREXX (VIO support needed) in OS/2

5. Start a VXRexx program from a VXRexx Program

6. Clean 1.0 for Sun4, OS/2 and update for Mac

7. ANN: updated port of Python 2.1.1 to OS/2+EMX

8. ANN: updated port of Python 2.0 to OS/2+EMX

9. Updating time on OS/2 box

10. Update an object via rexx (OS/2)

11. OS/2 Object REXX (ORX) - how to get DLL to update REXX variable

12. OS/2 REXX update available for FTP