Running another program in VX-Rexx
Author Message
 Running another program in VX-Rexx

This is surely a newbie question.  I am building a message utility to run on
the Novell server, basically prettying up the 'send' command.

I am trying to use 'userlist' to generate a picklist of logged-in users.
Coding the function as

'userlist /c > u:\userlist.txt'

and then running within the VX-Rexx environment, it performs as expected.  I
read the userlist.txt into a stem variable and then delete the file.

If I compile the program, though, and try running it from the WPS, the line
bombs with "SYS 3175: A program generated an access violation at 1562b8c3
REXX.DLL 0003:0000b8c3"

I have tried a number of variations on the command, including launching
another command interpreter, and without the redirection.  They all break.

Can anybody shine a little light on this one for me?  Thank you kindly.

Hugh

Fri, 24 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP running external programs from VXRexx

2. VX-REXX: Running OS/2 Program w/o VX-REXX crashing?

3. Start a VXRexx program from a VXRexx Program

4. VX-REXX won't run app

5. VX-Rexx Question - Sample program

6. STARTING A DOS PROGRAM FROM VX-REXX

7. Starting a DOS program from VX-REXX

8. VX-REXX programming question

9. Can one do graphics programming with VX-REXX

10. VX-Rexx: Can a program scroll a container?

11. SEND Command from VX-REXX Program Gives rc=23

12. VX-REXX bits in macros for other programs?