Getting Files inside a directory
Author Message
 Getting Files inside a directory

I need to get a list of the files inside a directory.  How can I do
this?

Thu, 06 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting Files inside a directory

Quote:
> I need to get a list of the files inside a directory.  How can I do
> this?

Depends on your OS and version of rexx. On Regina Rexx on Linux, you can
do a
rc = popen("ls /etc", "data.")
do x = 1 to data.0
   say data.x
end

what os and what version of rexx are you using?

jack

Thu, 06 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting Files inside a directory

% I need to get a list of the files inside a directory.  How can I do
% this?

Use the rexxutil utility package:
  say 'which directory'
  pull thedir
  call rxfuncadd 'sysfiletree','rexxutil','sysfiletree'
  call sysfiletree thedir'/*', 'stem.', 'F'
  do i = 1 to  stem.0
    say stem.i
    end
--

Patrick TJ McPhee
East York  Canada

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 10:26:13 GMT

1. Getting list of files from current directory?

2. Getting list of file names for current directory?

3. Getting files from a directory hierarchy

4. Getting at directories with DIRECTORY

5. Getting the number of files in a directory

6. Directory of File/Directories on CD

7. copy file from one directory to another directory

8. How to Import dll inside other directory

9. getting fields NOT comma delimited with commas inside

10. getting a reference to a class inside its definition

11. Getting the HWND inside the TCL plugin

12. .MID FILES INSIDE .TPS FILES