Error 3 - program unreadable
Author Message
 Error 3 - program unreadable

I have a REXX script that'd be triggered by Weasel (OS/2)
during transmission of email, but I found that recently,
sometimes it refuse to run and generate an error #3
"Program is unreadable" (most probably this error does
exist from the day one that I have installed it, but I just
unawared of it ..... ).

I'm a novice in REXX programming, the script contains
only 40 lines with simple commands that do some parsing
jobs and to trigger two executables to scan viruses and
content filtering.

The machine is an outdated and slow one (Pentium 150,
128MB RAM, 4GB SCSI HDD) running eCS v1.0, will it be
a problem ?

The script is placed on HPFS partition and all other apps
(including Weasel) is on JFS partition.

Kelvin

Sun, 05 Dec 2004 16:46:04 GMT
 Error 3 - program unreadable
Hello Kelvin,

check if a tokenized version of the script is appended to the
end of the file, if so, remove that...

Kind regards,
Jan Engehausen, REXX Development, IBM Germany

Sun, 05 Dec 2004 17:48:21 GMT
 Error 3 - program unreadable

Quote:

> check if a tokenized version of the script is appended to the
> end of the file, if so, remove that...

Also, since this is OS/2, I have seen at times that the tokenized
version OS/2 stores in EA's attached to the file is not in sync with the
source, so I strip the EA's back off of the file and the program starts
working again. CMD.EXE is suppose to be smart enough to deal with this,
but CMD was made by humans so that has to be taken into account.

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems

Mon, 06 Dec 2004 07:10:32 GMT
 Error 3 - program unreadable
Jan,

Sorry that I don't know exactly how to remove the tokenized
version of the scipt, is that simply to remove the EA of it by
using EAUTIL ?

I've tried to cleanup the EA of that script, but the error happens
again after one hour or two .......

Thanks,
Kelvin

Quote:
> Hello Kelvin,

> check if a tokenized version of the script is appended to the
> end of the file, if so, remove that...

> Kind regards,
> Jan Engehausen, REXX Development, IBM Germany

Mon, 06 Dec 2004 13:01:12 GMT
 Error 3 - program unreadable
Michael,

I've tried to do so, but the error still occurs ....

Below is the codes :
==================================
/* Save Guard */
CALL RxFuncAdd SysLoadFuncs, rexxutil, sysloadfuncs
CALL SysLoadFuncs

ARG ObjFrom UserList

/* Scan for virus */
'c:\norman\NVC\bin\nvcc.exe /CP /CL /C /N /U /Q 'ObjFrom

/* Test if that email is infected */
IF RC = 1 THEN
 DO
   DestFile = SysTempFileName( 'Z:\Infected\?????.MSG' )
   Address cmd "COPY "ObjFrom' 'DestFile
   EXIT 3
 END

/* If not infected, proceed for filtering */
'D:\weaselfilter.exe 'ObjFrom' 'UserList
IF RC = 3 THEN EXIT 3

/* It should be safe now */
DestFile = SysTempFileName( 'Z:\Backup\?????.MSG' )
Address cmd "COPY "ObjFrom' 'DestFile

'D:\MyFilter.exe 'ObjFrom
IF RC > 0 THEN EXIT 0

DestFile = SysTempFileName( 'Z:\email-in\?????.MSG' )
Address cmd "COPY "ObjFrom' 'DestFile

EXIT 0
====================================

Any idea ?
Should I run the 'EAUTIL' every 5min to cleanup the EA to
over come this problem ..... ?    :-(

Kelvin

Quote:

> > check if a tokenized version of the script is appended to the
> > end of the file, if so, remove that...

> Also, since this is OS/2, I have seen at times that the tokenized
> version OS/2 stores in EA's attached to the file is not in sync with the
> source, so I strip the EA's back off of the file and the program starts
> working again. CMD.EXE is suppose to be smart enough to deal with this,
> but CMD was made by humans so that has to be taken into account.

> --
> Michael Lueck
> Lueck Data Systems

> Remove the upper case letters NOSPAM to contact me directly.

Mon, 06 Dec 2004 13:23:54 GMT

1. REXX2EXE - Program is Unreadable (New version available)

2. Help with "Program is unreadable" error please!

3. Unreadable source

4. Q: How to make Smalltalk code unreadable?

5. SORRY For the unreadable postings...

6. Excel 4.0 file unreadable under Win2K

7. LLB libraries overwritten with garbage and become unreadable

8. Switching users make Library (LLB) files unreadable

9. OS2oberon problems: unreadable characters

10. language for intentionally unreadable code

11. Array unreadable inside nested foreach

12. unreadable fonts in tcl/tk script make xconfig