TSO/ISPF simulator on a DOS PC
Author Message
 TSO/ISPF simulator on a DOS PC

Quote:

> >From this I conclude that there are things possible in one that
> >are impossible to emulate in the other using REXX macros.
> >If my conclusion is correct, then which things are these?

> I believe your conclusion is incorrect.  Each editor has native
> features which the other has not; each provides macro-capacity in
> which you may (if you're skilled enough at REXX) redesign the visible
> universe.

> This is probably something we ought _not_ to try....

Why not?  I don't meant the WHOLE visible universe, just the part
that's important to each person in her/his own environment.
I got introduced to IBM's XEDIT by people already used to the TSO
editor.  The 'guru' in that group wrote some macros that made life
easier for these ex-TSO-ers who missed certain features in XEDIT.
I used the ones I liked, and ignored the rest.
When he ported many of these ex-SPF and some XEDIT features to
Kedit, I among many other users were quite content with Kedit.
I still am happy!

Point: I think at least trying to add the important features
(always a personal opinion!) would be a good idea, as long as
other users are not inconvenienced by such mods/additions.

Happy New Year!

Regards,

Fri, 16 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 TSO/ISPF simulator on a DOS PC

Quote:

>> I believe your conclusion is incorrect.  Each editor has native
>> features which the other has not; each provides macro-capacity in
>> which you may (if you're skilled enough at REXX) redesign the visible
>> universe.

>> This is probably something we ought _not_ to try....
>Why not?  I don't meant the WHOLE visible universe, just the part
>that's important to each person in her/his own environment.

Just make sure you get the design approved and give the code a
thorough walk-through.  Having whole galaxies wink out of existence is
almost certain to annoy _someone_

Frank Clarke
Tampa Area REXX Programmers' Alliance
Member of the REXX Language Association
Join us at http://www.rexxla.org
(Remove the currency symbol before replying.)

Sat, 17 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. TSO/ISPF simulator on a DOS PC

2. TSO/ISPF simulator on a DOS PC

3. TSO/ISPF On PC?

4. Canada Vancouver - PL/1, IMS, DB2, MVS, TSO, ISPF, JCL - Experienced Programmers

5. question about TSO/ISPF commands

6. REXX +TSO + ISPF + Endevor

7. PFkeys: TSO/ISPF

8. Montréal - Informatique Conseil Plus - C-List REXX SAS TSO/ISPF

9. Rexx dynamic SQL to DB2 (TSO/ISPF source code)

10. MVS TSO/ISPF REXX Question

11. TSO/REXX and ISPF

12. Attempting Simple AI under MVS Rexx./TSO/ISPF