VizPro/REXX vs VB 3.0
Author Message
 VizPro/REXX vs VB 3.0

Good Day.
Lately i received my copy of OS/2 Warp and with it was a catalog of software available
for OS/2. In this catalog it is made reference to VizPro/REXX.
My question is in 5 parts:

Is there anybody programming with it?
Does it create PM applications?
Is it similar in technic to draw interface than VB 3.0?
-- and how difficult is language ?
How do you rate and like the application?

Wed, 19 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 VizPro/REXX vs VB 3.0

Quote:

>Good Day.
>Lately i received my copy of OS/2 Warp and with it was a catalog of software available
>for OS/2. In this catalog it is made reference to VizPro/REXX.
>My question is in 5 parts:
>Is there anybody programming with it?

Yes, I do

Quote:
>Does it create PM applications?

Yes it does

Quote:
>Is it similar in technic to draw interface than VB 3.0?

I don't know about VB, but you can draw your windows and add buttons/fields etc. to
it, then pop a menu by the RMB (Righ Mouse Button) and select a choice like "When Clicked"
and then add Rexx code to be executed whenever this event occurs. Also if in this Rexx
code you want to do something like assigning a value to some field, just drag the field
from the design form to the editor and after choosing what you want to do with the field,
the rexx coding is inserted.

Swithing between designing/coding and running is just a menu choice.

Quote:
>-- and how difficult is language ?

It's Rexx, very easy and it looks a lot like basic but is more powerfull. BTW you already
have Rexx with OS/2 so you can try it. The visual Rexx's like VisPro and others uses the
Rexx interpreter of OS/2 and addd functionality to design and use PM windows.

Quote:
>How do you rate and like the application?

I highly rate VisPro Rexx, I use the cheaper Bronze edition. BTW I just received an
upgrade in the mail, free, without asking for it. Way to go Hockware!

--
Ron van Wier

Thu, 20 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 VizPro/REXX vs VB 3.0

 d> reference to VizPro/REXX. My question is in 5 parts:

 d> Is there anybody programming with it?

I am.

 d> Does it create PM applications?

Yes, it does Full CUA compliant.

 d> Is it similar in technic to draw interface than VB 3.0?

It's easier. You can use full drag&drop. You don't need initialization modules.
But it is less powerfull, and you don't have as many VBX controls.

 d> -- and how difficult is language ?

If you know basic, rexx it's really easy.

 d> How do you rate and like the application?

For quick developping, it's great. If you are looking for velocity and power,
it's not C++ :-)

Saludos:

Thu, 20 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Clearwin vs GINO vs Winteracter vs VB was: Fortran Conversion to MicroSoft VB

2. Looking for Comparison Articles on VO vs VB vs Delphi

3. fibonacci benchmark -- VS 3.0 VS VW 2.0

4. Help VB 3.0 standard ole2 Help

5. REXX vs Perl ( vs ICON ? )

6. REXX vs Perl ( vs ICON ? )

7. Vispro Rexx vs VX - Rexx