REXX for OS/2 TCP/IP Socket API question
Author Message
 REXX for OS/2 TCP/IP Socket API question

I'm looking for a quick reference with more information that what came with
IBM Version 2.0 TCP/IP for OS/2 on the REXX Socket API commands.  Anyone know
where I can pull it from the Net?  Or if someone has an anonymous ftp site I
could pull examples from that would be great.  TIA

Dave Rupp
Texas Instruments
Distributed Network Services
Dallas, Texas  USA
(214)575-4277
(214)575-5522 FAX
/ADMD=MCI/PRMD=TI/C=US/G=DAVID/I=M/S=RUPP

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 26 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 REXX for OS/2 TCP/IP Socket API question

Quote:
>I'm looking for a quick reference with more information that what came with
>IBM Version 2.0 TCP/IP for OS/2 on the REXX Socket API commands.  Anyone know
>where I can pull it from the Net?  Or if someone has an anonymous ftp site I
>could pull examples from that would be great.  TIA

RXSOCK.ZIP on HOBBES.NMSU.EDU  has documentation and examples.  I think the docs
are the same.  The examples show how to use sockets.  Internet communication
is the use of sockets and corresponding protocals defined by appropriate RFCs.
The Rexx Api is basically a port of Berkeley sockets from Unix.  So any info
on Berkeley sockets would also apply to the Rexx Api.

---
Jim
{*filter*}Net Connections

Fri, 02 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. TCP/IP sockets code in REXX script (long) - client.CMD (1/1)

2. TCP/IP sockets code in REXX script (long) - client.CMD (0/1)

3. TCP/IP sockets code in REXX script (long) - server.CMD (0/1)

4. REXX TCP/IP Socket Interface For Netview

5. OS/2 REXX and TCP/IP

6. OS/2 REXX TCP/IP support

7. OS/2 Rexx Sockets API

8. Socket on Win32 for TCP/IP work?

9. JPEG download via TCP/IP (Socket Control)

10. ParcPlace VW: TCP/IP Sockets -- where/how?

11. CA-Clipper and TCP/IP Sockets.

12. TCP/IP (Socket) Comunication