list subscribe/unsubscribe info (sorry)
Author Message
 list subscribe/unsubscribe info (sorry)

I know there must be a better way, but I would like
subscribe/unsubscribe info for this list.

  Thanks, Dave

Hi.
I'm trying to build a little REXX program that'll ping a list of
hosts and analyze the response. I've taken a look at the IP primer
on the IBM site, but it's a bit skimpy.
Has anyone done this? Could I mooch an example of the code?
Thanx.

Regards;
         --------->Mike.

Mon, 14 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 list subscribe/unsubscribe info (sorry)

Quote:
>Hi.
>I'm trying to build a little REXX program that'll ping a list of
>hosts and analyze the response. I've taken a look at the IP primer
>on the IBM site, but it's a bit skimpy.
>Has anyone done this? Could I mooch an example of the code?
>Thanx.

Ping uses IPPROTO_ICMP, which is not supported by the REXX sockets library.
The only supported protocols of the AF_INET protocol family are IPPROTO_UDP
and IPPROTO_TCP.

So while SOCK_RAW is supported, it's not terribly useful.

It's much easier to use PING.EXE and analyze its output with REXX, anyway.

--
 - Mike

Remove 'spambegone' to send e-mail.

Tue, 15 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

> >Hi.
> >I'm trying to build a little REXX program that'll ping a list of
> >hosts and analyze the response. I've taken a look at the IP primer
> >on the IBM site, but it's a bit skimpy.
> >Has anyone done this? Could I mooch an example of the code?
> >Thanx.

> Ping uses IPPROTO_ICMP, which is not supported by the REXX sockets library.
> The only supported protocols of the AF_INET protocol family are IPPROTO_UDP
> and IPPROTO_TCP.

Unfortunately, that is true. You may instead use the RxFTP library which
contains a PING.

I once wrote a small Rexxping program, try

   http://www.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/~wofa/rexx/rexxcmd/rxping.zip

-wolfram

Tue, 15 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 list subscribe/unsubscribe info (sorry)

Quote:
>Hi.
>I'm trying to build a little REXX program that'll ping a list of
>hosts and analyze the response. I've taken a look at the IP primer
>on the IBM site, but it's a bit skimpy.
>Has anyone done this? Could I mooch an example of the code?
>Thanx.

Sure - here is how I check to see if my PPP connection is up before
launching in-joy.  The reason I ping twice is because sometimes ping
has "eaten" the first one.

NewQueue = RxQueue( 'create' )
OldQueue = RxQueue( 'set', NewQueue )

NsCount = 0
NS.IPA.0 = NsCount
NS.IPB.0 = NsCount
NS.InterfaceA.0 = NsCount
do while queued() > 0
        parse pull . IP1 . Interface . . . IP2
        NsCount = NsCount+1
        NS.IPA.NsCount = IP1
        NS.IPB.NsCount = IP2
        NS.InterfaceA.NsCount = Interface
        NS.IPA.0 = NsCount
        NS.IPB.0 = NsCount
        NS.InterfaceA.0 = NsCount
End
call RxQueue 'delete', NewQueue
call RxQueue 'set'   , OldQueue
Do i = 1 to NsCount
        if NS.InterfaceA.i = '10' then do
                ptest.0 = 0
                pingcount = 0

                NewQueue = RxQueue( 'create' )
                OldQueue = RxQueue( 'set', NewQueue )
                ns.ipb.i=strip(ns.ipb.i,'b')
                'ping 'NS.IPB.i' 56 2 | RXQUEUE' NewQueue
                do while queued() > 0
                        pingcount = pingcount+1
                        parse Upper pull pingtest
                        ptest.0 = pingcount
                        ptest.pingcount = pingtest
                End
                call RxQueue 'delete', NewQueue
                call RxQueue 'set'   , OldQueue
                Do j = 1 to ptest.0
                        if POS("PACKETS RECEIVED",ptest.j) > 0 Then Do
                                If POS("0 PACKETS RECEIVED",ptest.j) = 0 Then Do
                                        Connect = 1
                                End
                        End
                End
        end
end
exit Connect

J. Pedone

http://www.flash.net/~jpedone

OS/2 not just another pretty program loader!
Alex, I'll take "Things Only I Know" for $1000.

Tue, 15 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 list subscribe/unsubscribe info (sorry)
Thank you! Just what I needed.
Quote:

> > >Hi.
> > >I'm trying to build a little REXX program that'll ping a list of
> > >hosts and analyze the response. I've taken a look at the IP primer
> > >on the IBM site, but it's a bit skimpy.
> > >Has anyone done this? Could I mooch an example of the code?
> > >Thanx.

> > Ping uses IPPROTO_ICMP, which is not supported by the REXX sockets library.
> > The only supported protocols of the AF_INET protocol family are IPPROTO_UDP
> > and IPPROTO_TCP.

> Unfortunately, that is true. You may instead use the RxFTP library which
> contains a PING.

> I once wrote a small Rexxping program, try

>    http://www.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/~wofa/rexx/rexxcmd/rxping.zip

> -wolfram

Fri, 18 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 list subscribe/unsubscribe info (sorry)

Quote:

> Thank you! Just what I needed.

> > I once wrote a small Rexxping program, try

> >    http://www.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/~wofa/rexx/rexxcmd/rxping.zip

you're welcome :-))
-wolfram

Sat, 19 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to subscribe to INFO-VHDL mailing list?

2. subscribing to Info-LabVIEW

3. subscribe info-dylan

4. "subscribe info-dylan

5. unsubscribe info-dylan

6. Info Dylan unsubscribe

7. Unsubscribe info-dylan

8. Unsubscribe info-dylan

9. unsubscribe info-dylan-digest

10. Unsubscribe from info Modula-2

11. Help - I can't unsubscribe from the INFO-ADA Digest

12. PLS Info(sorry if OT)