dynamic Dialog-Programming in ORexx
Author Message
 dynamic Dialog-Programming in ORexx

Hi!!

I'd like to programm ORexx without resource-files. Now, the problem is,
that every item in an dialog is assigned by an ID. This ID is an
integer-value, but I'd like to assign the items by a string so that I
can better handel the ID's.

My idea was to define these strings by e.g.

     Data.15 = "IDC_whatEver" self~SetDataStem(Data.)

THIS DOES NOT WORK!!!

So, how can I do it????

Thank You!!!!

Sat, 18 Dec 2004 14:36:11 GMT
 dynamic Dialog-Programming in ORexx
Hi

IDC_WhatEver = 4711

self~AddButton( IDC_WhatEver, ............

--
Kind regards,

Stefan D?rsam

REXX and Office Solutions, IBM Germany
Lotus Notes: Stefan Doersam/Germany/IBM

Quote:

> Hi!!

> I'd like to programm ORexx without resource-files. Now, the problem is,
> that every item in an dialog is assigned by an ID. This ID is an
> integer-value, but I'd like to assign the items by a string so that I
> can better handel the ID's.

> My idea was to define these strings by e.g.

>      Data.15 = "IDC_whatEver" self~SetDataStem(Data.)

> THIS DOES NOT WORK!!!

> So, how can I do it????

> Thank You!!!!

> --

Sat, 18 Dec 2004 19:26:14 GMT
 dynamic Dialog-Programming in ORexx
I found a way my self:

::method DefineDialog
  self~ConstDir["IDC_RESET"] = 10 self~ConstDir["IDC_PROGRESS"] = 11
  self~ConstDir["IDC_RADIOBUTTON1"] = 12
  self~ConstDir["IDC_RADIOBUTTON2"] = 13

Now it is possible do assign the items by these strings.

Sun, 19 Dec 2004 14:34:53 GMT

1. Vo Help creating dynamic dialog window

2. Dynamic Dialog Box ?

3. Using dynamic Dialog Boxes causes errors

4. VA dynamic dialogs and connections

5. ORexx--Running a program

6. Migrating REXX CGI program from OS/2 to ORexx on W2K

7. Cannot run any orexx programs

8. Running ORexx program as a Service

9. Directory Dialog/File Dialog

10. Converting ADS to COBOL: Link to dialog with map loses place in calling program

11. LINK command that calls a dialog with a map causes loss of place in calling program

12. Error when calling Dialog System Program