sharing READ access to files in OS/2 REXX
Author Message
 sharing READ access to files in OS/2 REXX

What is the best approach to reading a shared file in a REXX program
under OS/2 including opening and closing?

I will have multiple instantiations of the same program searching the
same long (50KB) file.

Thanks for any help.

R L Sameull
Team OS/2

Tue, 14 May 1996 14:19:42 GMT
 sharing READ access to files in OS/2 REXX

Quote:
>What is the best approach to reading a shared file in a REXX program
>under OS/2 including opening and closing?

>I will have multiple instantiations of the same program searching the
>same long (50KB) file.

Use the built-in function STREAM, which is intended for
implementation-dependent aspects of stream I/O like this one. It is
described in the online "REXX Information". In this example, do
something like this:

   call stream name, 'C', 'OPEN READ'

Horst

Tue, 14 May 1996 17:05:24 GMT

1. File sharing in OS/2 REXX

2. accessing read-only property on MAC-OS file

3. Help OS/2-REXX read write position in file

4. OS/2: Rexx Script from Win-OS file manager

5. Shared Memory in OS/2 Rexx?

6. Access violation in REXX.DLL (OS/2)

7. OS/2 database access via Rexx

8. FW: OS/2 database access via Rexx

9. Rexx Access to OS/2 EA's

10. How to access OS/2 Background thru REXX

11. OS/2 & REXX mouse access

12. DB2 access through REXX and OS/2