File I/O problems in OS/2 REXX
Author Message
 File I/O problems in OS/2 REXX

Shane, can you give us a sample to recreate the problem you are having
with the LINES builtin function?   I will try to reproduce it and see
if I can help.   Dave

Mon, 14 Jul 1997 19:36:45 GMT
 File I/O problems in OS/2 REXX
On Thu, 26 Jan 1995 17:06:17 GMT Shane O'Donnell said:
Quote:
>Let's suffice it to say that the LINES command is producing erroneous results.
>It appears that this might be because the LINEIN and LINEOUT commands are not
>consistently moving the read pointer like they should.

>Does anyone else have any experience with this problem?  It's really hosing up
>my code but good...

Try CHARS() instead or use the STREAM() function.  I haven't noticed this with
OS/2 but I have had problems on other platforms.  I assume you're looking
for end-of-file.

--------

Systems Programmer -- Team OS/2
NYS Legislative Bill Drafting Commission
1450 Western Avenue, 3rd floor
Albany, NY 12203
Voice:(518)458-5114  FAX:(518)458-5108

"Help stamp out slogans in signature files"

Mon, 14 Jul 1997 23:28:54 GMT

1. OS/2: Rexx Script from Win-OS file manager

2. Possible file open problem - OS/2 classic Rexx

3. Q:Using REXX under OS/2 how can you change an OS/2 window size

4. REXX-OS/2 and ECI for CICS-OS/2

5. Can OS/2 REXX call OS/2 REXX-???

6. os._exit(), os.kill(os.getpid(), 9)

7. problem with os.environ and os.execvpe()

8. Problem with any of os.system(), os.fork() & os.execp() and os.spawn()

9. Rexx File Handling for OS/390(Newbie)

10. Handling large file (classic rexx OS/2)

11. OS/2 REXX Macrospace file.

12. automated IND$FILE transfer OS/2 Rexx VM/CMS