Object Rexx by Example
Author Message
 Object Rexx by Example

I am looking for this book and can not find it anywhere locally. Is it
out of print and if so how would I get a copy (used is fine with me as
long as its in decient condition). Also, what other books would be good
for reference? I have 3 books already (OHara's Modern Programming using
Rexx (from college), TSO Rexx and OS/2 Rexx) but would like something
newer and targeted for my current environment. We are running Object
Rexx 2.1.1 on a Windows 2000 server.

Thanks,

Cat

Sun, 20 Mar 2005 22:31:21 GMT
 Object Rexx by Example

Quote:

>I am looking for this book and can not find it anywhere locally. Is it
>out of print and if so how would I get a copy (used is fine with me as
>long as its in decient condition). Also, what other books would be good
>for reference? I have 3 books already (OHara's Modern Programming using
>Rexx (from college), TSO Rexx and OS/2 Rexx) but would like something
>newer and targeted for my current environment. We are running Object
>Rexx 2.1.1 on a Windows 2000 server.

>Thanks,

>Cat

You can still get it from Mensys.

Regards

Dave Saville

NB switch saville for nospam in address

Mon, 21 Mar 2005 01:24:00 GMT
 Object Rexx by Example
Cat,
Your best bet is to order the book directly from Gwen & John.  Here is
their web address that has an order form on it.
http://www.oops-web.com/orxbyex/
This is an excellant book in regards to object oriented programming -
of course, since the authors use Object Rexx on OS/2, none of the
OODialog is covered in the book.
If you are not a member of the Rexx Language Association, I would
encourage you to join.  It's only $24/year and the contacts you will
make are worth much more that that.  Also our next annual Symposium
will be coming up in Apr. or May of 2003.  There you will get to met
and interact with many users of 2.1.1.  As a matter of fact Versions
2.1 & 2.1.1 were first released at the 2001 & 2002 Symposiums.

Lee Peedin

Quote:

>I am looking for this book and can not find it anywhere locally. Is it
>out of print and if so how would I get a copy (used is fine with me as
>long as its in decient condition). Also, what other books would be good
>for reference? I have 3 books already (OHara's Modern Programming using
>Rexx (from college), TSO Rexx and OS/2 Rexx) but would like something
>newer and targeted for my current environment. We are running Object
>Rexx 2.1.1 on a Windows 2000 server.

>Thanks,

>Cat

Mon, 21 Mar 2005 01:58:38 GMT
 Object Rexx by Example

Quote:

> I am looking for this book and can not find it anywhere locally.

Not sure if you mean locally as in city or country - if city, who can find Rexx books locally?

Why not order it from the authors?

http://www.oops-web.com/orxbyex/

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems

Mon, 21 Mar 2005 06:32:16 GMT

1. Object REXX: pipe-example and .stem class ?

2. Object REXX - NOTIFY examples?

3. Book: Object Rexx by Example, How useful?

4. Object REXX by Example

5. Object REXX by Example and Windows

6. Object REXX by Example

7. Need Example CICS/REXX doing CICS LINK with COMMAREA to non-REXX PGM

8. Example of Counter Object in Juergen Wagner's Object System

9. Porting from REXX on VM to Object REXX on AIX or W2000

10. for help about vispro rexx and Object REXX

11. Object REXX: incompatibility with T-REXX ?

12. OS/2 Rexx port to Object Rexx for NT